• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be Australia's new spinner?

pup11

International Coach
Ok so warney has hung his boots we all know that but who will fill his void now, McGill is short term solution but after that things look tough cullen and bailey are good at domestic level but international cricket is different ,white is not a spinner, hauritz,casson,simpson,doran are not even in contention so you see we have a problem there, certainly ozi's can't even imagine about global domination without one or maybe two good spinners.

archie mac

International Coach
Ok so warney has hung his boots we all know that but who will fill his void now, McGill is short term solution but after that things look tough cullen and bailey are good at domestic level but international cricket is different ,white is not a spinner, hauritz,casson,simpson,doran are not even in contention so you see we have a problem there, certainly ozi's can't even imagine about global domination without one or maybe two good spinners.

White seemed to be the most popular choice http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=21406

pup11

International Coach
white is just a warne wannabe

YEAH he is just that i mean look at him uses the same sponsors bat as warne, tries to walk into his action ala warne but he can't put any power in his bowling action this way coz only warney can do it so he jumps at the crease i mean ok he is blond and a victorian but he is no warne even kumble spins it more than him

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are you criticizing a bowler because he's trying to follow in the footsteps of possibly the greatest spinner of all time?

Mr Mxyzptlk

You posted in a duplicate thread. The thread was deleted.

Had there been any serious posts in the thread, it would have been left.

pup11

International Coach
white should have his own style and identity rather than trying to be like someone else.

Mr Mxyzptlk

white should have his own style and identity rather than trying to be like someone else.
You're aware that Brian Lara is a right-hander to batted left-handed to emulate Roy Fredericks, right? There's nothing wrong with patterning yourself after greatness.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
YEAH he is just that i mean look at him uses the same sponsors bat as warne, tries to walk into his action ala warne but he can't put any power in his bowling action this way coz only warney can do it so he jumps at the crease i mean ok he is blond and a victorian but he is no warne even kumble spins it more than him
I'm sure there are hundreds of blonde Victorians. Doesn't make them Warne wannabes. I personally don't see alot of Warne in White's action.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I daresay he will arise IN 2009. On January 22nd to be exact. He shall bowl his first Test over on that day and have a wicket by the end of it. If not, I'll eat Richard's regurgitated computer.

Natman20

International Debutant
It will take a while for a quality spinner to emerge I just hope that Australia put to much pressure on the relatively new ones to emulate Warnes performances when they are probably not the same quality. Macgill is the best replacement for Warne in the meantime.

pup11

International Coach
Which sauce would you prefer with the computer ?

So white getting a test wicket thats a pretty daring bet you have just made so you will have a great time munching into the computer. As for whitey i like him he is good bloke but needs to realise that he needs to get his spin bowling right . He should work with warney and mr.jenner that would help,warne said he will open a spin academy in england but before that he needs to get blokes(spinners) in country going.