• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Saurav Ganguly actually Richard Dickinson?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
"I played with Usman at Northampton last year and he looks a very talented player," said Ganguly.

"I'm sure if he gets an opportunity for England he will do well for the country."

"I feel he's got a lot of ability. He can he it the ball, he's a clean striker of the ball and can be a strength to English cricket."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6263165.stm

Well, have you seen them in the same place at the same time?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
"I played with Usman at Northampton last year and he looks a very talented player," said Ganguly.

"I'm sure if he gets an opportunity for England he will do well for the country."

"I feel he's got a lot of ability. He can he it the ball, he's a clean striker of the ball and can be a strength to English cricket."

Aren't Ganguly and Graeme Smith the two men Dicko admires the most ? :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hell no, I've always liked Ganguly but he's nowhere near the top of my list of fave players.

Smith is one of my faves of the last 15 years, but still probably only top-5 material.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

When I read the title I thought you were accusing me of having dual-accounts!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dominic Cork, Aravinda de Silva, Graham Gooch, Angus Fraser and Graeme Smith.

Until I remember someone I've forgotten. :mellow::unsure:

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Afzaal's got a pretty decent LIst A record.....I'm surprised he never even got a game for England ???

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ok...how about you next 5 favourite ? I always thought you were a big admireer of Warne and Donald....
Oh, I am, but, well, I'm a great admirer of quite a few people.

One thing you'll never find me saying is that I'm more of an admirer of Warne than Muttiah Muralitharan, though. Or of Sachin Tendulkar than Brian Lara or Stephen Waugh.

You WILL find me saying I'm no great admirer of Stephen Waugh's captaincy, though.

If I went on to the next 5 it might look something like...

Alec Stewart
Donald
Warne=Muralitharan
Michael Slater=Saeed Anwar
Roger Twose (provided one-day cricket was what's being played)

This is all players who I actually consciously remember a time when I knew they were going to be playing an international match sometime in the future, you understand.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

On that subject - has it not occurred to you that Usman Afzaal is a good one-day player?

Do you really imagine that it's Saurav and I alone who hold such an idea?

Are there really not a hundred others that you could ask "is he Richard Dickinson?"?