• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where are le and T_C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm presuming Corey and ed's whereabouts are known? I haven't encountered either since my return, yet both remain Staff Members, so I wondered if they were on short-term, announced vacations\sabbaticals?

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Eddie left because some of the Australian members were annoying him, can't quite remember the exact details but it's mainly in the Devil Ducky Diary thread. Haven't seen T_C around much really, can't remember him posting regularly for ages.

PY

International Coach
I hope he does but it's been a while since he was on. i.e. 4 months. The circumstances left a rather bad taste from both sides really.

Corey hasn't been a regular for a long time but he's always done that, comes back and makes lots of posts then goes quiet for a while for whatever reason. I'm still mesmerised by his avatar. :wacko:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, I s'pose that's true.

And as for the :wacko: avatar, God (sorry for offence, Christians) yeah - I much preferred it when he had the straightforward devil-kitty.

But God (sorry again, Christians), this place could never be the same without le. :down: And I want an admittance from him that he was wrong to keep on and on bagging me on the Harmison issue, too!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Since when is God solely a Christian term, Richard? Instead of using it commonly and following it up with an apology, why don't you just save yourself the effort and not use it unnecessarily at all? :mellow:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was a Christian who took offence to me using the term Jesus - so I became aware only of the Christians on the forum. Muslims, obviously, don't have God, they have Allah, and I've never used his name in vain or otherwise.

If I offend Jews too, I'm sorry for that, too.

Suggest to me an alternative and I'll gladly try to put it into practice. It gets a bit boring just typing 4 stars all the time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

If you're referring to Sean and the use of "Christ" (which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the use of "God"), I'm fairly certain he wasn't serious when he pointed that out. If you were really worried about offending people, you'd find a different word. Clearly you care about offending Muslims.

By stating your disclaimer repeatedly, you're just taking the mick out of personal beliefs even more. Added to that, it's rather annoying.

PS - Many people believe in God and don't believe in Jesus.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I think T_C was around a week or three ago in the Ashes subforum. But yeah, he seems to stay away for long periods and then come back for drive-by's before disappearing again in recent times.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you're referring to Sean and the use of "Christ" (which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the use of "God"), I'm fairly certain he wasn't serious when he pointed that out. If you were really worried about offending people, you'd find a different word. Clearly you care about offending Muslims.

By stating your disclaimer repeatedly, you're just taking the mick out of personal beliefs even more. Added to that, it's rather annoying.

PS - Many people believe in God and don't believe in Jesus.
OK, LIAM, OK... I get the point. As I mentioned, Christianity is something I've often had to fight myself not to hate the guts of... reminding myself that it does have plenty of virtues.

And having read the Devil Ducky Diary and World Cup Last 16 (or whatever it was) threads it kinda makes me want to make peace with what there is while you've got the chance... cripes (had to think long and hard to find a that's-awful adjective which was not swearing or blasphemous) there was some terrible stuff in there! le has always been such a happy-go-lucky guy I'd never really countenanced the prospect of him being genuinely hurt by... well, anything, really. Clearly he was, as evidenced by his comments in said threads. :( And thank... Neil... (had to modify that from God) for "this is the only time Cloete has ever been the most mature person in a thread", otherwise it might have been too sad to cope with...

:(:(:(:(

Particularly bad to see two of my fave posters - GIMH and Blaze - tearing at each-others' throats.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Why not just use God and not worry about it? Geez, you don't have to alter your entire method of speech just to avoid offending people. It's their hangup, not yours.

Anyway, T_C is still around from time to time. I'm fairly sure LE lurks as well and does some stuff around the site, but when he left he made a big song and dance about not coming back, so presumably he's not intending to do so, at least on the forum.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Why not just use God and not worry about it? Geez, you don't have to alter your entire method of speech just to avoid offending people. It's their hangup, not yours.
More or less what I was getting at. Go one way or the other. Just forget about the middle ground that is an annoying disclaimer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't have to but I certainly feel it's only right that I do so. Far as I'm concerned I've no right to go around "God damn" and "Jesus Christ"ing when there are people who'll hear for whom such things are sacred terms and their Book specifically states that said names are not to be taken in vain. I make very, very careful effort to avoid slips of the tongue. Fortunately I don't know many religious people, though.

Was Sean really only joking with the "Oi! Watch the blasphemy!" thing?

pasag

RTDAS
Either way, a little tact would go along way. I often take bits and pieces out of my posts because I think that someone might be offended by the comment. It's not that hard really.

I certainly don't care about the 'Jesus' thing, but if other people do, why wouldn't you do your best to be accommodating?

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Bennett was joking in this example. He's a **** stirrer that one.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't have to but I certainly feel it's only right that I do so. Far as I'm concerned I've no right to go around "God damn" and "Jesus Christ"ing when there are people who'll hear for whom such things are sacred terms and their Book specifically states that said names are not to be taken in vain. I make very, very careful effort to avoid slips of the tongue. Fortunately I don't know many religious people, though.

Was Sean really only joking with the "Oi! Watch the blasphemy!" thing?
I've actually just joined the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath, and as a result I'll be expecting you to never take his name in vain again!

Status
Not open for further replies.