• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Walk or shut up

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Thought that it was to an extent tongue in cheek.

Anyways, I'm not a walker. Earlier this year, in fact, I nicked one to 3rd slip, and I thought that the ball bounced. The kid was playing his first game, half held the ball up, and the captain was at gully and just started celebrating, so the rest of the team did. Bowler, nor my partner, thought it was out. While the umpires were conferring, I was almost sledged into heading off, then the umpires gave it not out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
^^^ That had what to do with walking, though?

If you think the ball's bounced you're quite right to stand your ground IMO. If you're unsignted, though, it's best to take the fielder's word, otherwise it opens-up so many cans of worms.