• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian "Pace" Bowlers ? The Ones With Chance , The Ones that Deserve Chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
In my list of ppl that deserve an O.d Call up

Yohannan
Harvinder

New ones to call

Pathan
Z.Hussain

Just created this topic to discuss the bowlers left in the country and other people who deserve a chance etc other than AGARKAR and NEHRA

V Reddy

International Debutant
Well i disagree with Yohannan. He doesn't deserve the cap. He best is 6-117 and avges around 40 in 1class games. He didn't perform well in tour games also. Rakesh Patel and Pathan should get the chance.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Agarkar and nehra have had their chances, they have proved nothing special and are not front line bowlers who can get wickets regulalry. India should have been experimenting with players long ago, now any substitution wil do ! because they replace agarkar and nehra.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Choora

BALAJI,BALAJI,BALAJI!!!!!
He really doesn't seem that impressive...definately not a savior who's gonna carry your attack for years to come...he might be useful but I doubt he could become a Srinath...

Choora

State Regular
Originally posted by Rik

He really doesn't seem that impressive...definately not a savior who's gonna carry your attack for years to come...he might be useful but I doubt he could become a Srinath...
And may i ask you as 2 where were you able to watch him in action? have you seen the Indian domestic matches, because Balaji haven't played a single Test/oneday match till date.

Mark my word, Balaji is here to stay and will reach glorious height:)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik

And may i ask you as 2 where were you able to watch him in action? have you seen the Indian domestic matches, because Balaji haven't played a single Test/oneday match till date.

Mark my word, Balaji is here to stay and will reach glorious height:)
I have my ways ;) anyway Pathan looked good...but he will reach glorious heights? Like Khan? Who's only just reaching some sort of consistancy? Or Nehra who got his test average under 29 for a bit before it was blasted up to 39...or Yohannan who played 2 Tests and has since struggled in FC cricket...?

Choora

State Regular
[
[/quote]

I have my ways ;) anyway Pathan looked good...but he will reach glorious heights? Like Khan? Who's only just reaching some sort of consistancy? Or Nehra who got his test average under 29 for a bit before it was blasted up to 39...or Yohannan who played 2 Tests and has since struggled in FC cricket...? [/quote]

What has Balji/Pathan 2 do with the other pacers??? Before Srinath India didn't had a genuine fast bowler, it didn't stop him from reaching the top!

Just because Nehra/Ajit has struggled doesn't mean that Balaji and Pathan will also struggle, the later bowlers aren't a cloned verson of Ajit and Nehra so its not sensable to write them off

V Reddy

International Debutant
I still think Nehra should be in the team. He had only 3 bad matches. He had 5 or 6 good series before that. Why is every body saying that he is no good :O. He had a very good eco. espially with the new ball before this series.

Choora

State Regular
Nehra and Ajit will be in the 15 man squad for the WC but they won't be in the first choice 11 for the matches!

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by CaptainSaurav

Those that should be in,

Khan(when fit)
Nath
Balaji
Ajit
Youhannan

Those who should be out,

Nehra
Bangar
Yadev
Just a nit..... Srinath cannot be called Nath.That's neither his last name nor his nickname.

He is Javagal Srinath !!

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by lord_of_darkness
In my list of ppl that deserve an O.d Call up

Yohannan
Harvinder

New ones to call

Pathan
Z.Hussain

Just created this topic to discuss the bowlers left in the country and other people who deserve a chance etc other than AGARKAR and NEHRA
Are you talking about Harvinder Singh ? That guy sucks so bad that I haven't seen a worse bowler.He played some ODIs in 1997-98 or so against Pak in Toronto alongwith Debashsis Mohanty.While Mohanty was almost unplayable in the swing friendly conditions in Toronto, Harvinder was spraying all over with no semblance of any line or length.Bad balls of all types....you name it and he had it.

[Edited on 13/11/2002 by aussie_beater]

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by ajaagarkarajaaja

If Ajit doesn't perform with the ball, he does it with the bat, thats why he's a vital member of Indian oneday team.
Oooooooookay...we've had a Yohannan lover which I thought was a bit bizzar to say the least...but an Agarkar lover????:O This is a guy who looks like he's about to thump the batsman as soon as he gets hit for 4...which is getting more and more common now...

Originally posted by Rik

If Ajit doesn't perform with the ball, he does it with the bat, thats why he's a vital member of Indian oneday team.
Oooooooookay...we've had a Yohannan lover which I thought was a bit bizzar to say the least...but an Agarkar lover????:O This is a guy who looks like he's about to thump the batsman as soon as he gets hit for 4...which is getting more and more common now...
Are you a gay?? i don't love Ajit, just appreciate his talent!
Everyone is entitled to his opinion, you don't have to agree with others but don't have to act in a berzerk manner

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain

Believe me man most of the time he doesnt perform with anything, except may be for the other team :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik

Are you a gay?? i don't love Ajit, just appreciate his talent!
Everyone is entitled to his opinion, you don't have to agree with others but don't have to act in a berzerk manner

It also appears that you do not have a sense of humour or a grasp of any uses of sarcasm...:rolleyes:...and to answer your question: No I am not a homosexual

[Edited on 13/11/2002 by Rik]

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
Calm down. He was just expressing HIS opinion on Agarkar.
Phew...at least there's someone here who has a sense of humour other than Rich...

Status
Not open for further replies.