Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Indian "Pace" Bowlers ? The Ones With Chance , The Ones that Deserve Chance?

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar

Indian "Pace" Bowlers ? The Ones With Chance , The Ones that Deserve Chance?

In my list of ppl that deserve an O.d Call up

Yohannan
    Harvinder

New ones to call

Pathan
    Z.Hussain

Just created this topic to discuss the bowlers left in the country and other people who deserve a chance etc other than AGARKAR and NEHRA
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Well i disagree with Yohannan. He doesn't deserve the cap. He best is 6-117 and avges around 40 in 1class games. He didn't perform well in tour games also. Rakesh Patel and Pathan should get the chance.

Agarkar and nehra have had their chances, they have proved nothing special and are not front line bowlers who can get wickets regulalry. India should have been experimenting with players long ago, now any substitution wil do ! because they replace agarkar and nehra.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box

State Regular

BALAJI,BALAJI,BALAJI!!!!!
    ------------------------------------

Rik
    Originally posted by Choora

He really doesn't seem that impressive...definately not a savior who's gonna carry your attack for years to come...he might be useful but I doubt he could become a Srinath...
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

State Regular
    Originally posted by Rik

He really doesn't seem that impressive...definately not a savior who's gonna carry your attack for years to come...he might be useful but I doubt he could become a Srinath...
    And may i ask you as 2 where were you able to watch him in action? have you seen the Indian domestic matches, because Balaji haven't played a single Test/oneday match till date.

Mark my word, Balaji is here to stay and will reach glorious height

Rik
    Originally posted by Rik

And may i ask you as 2 where were you able to watch him in action? have you seen the Indian domestic matches, because Balaji haven't played a single Test/oneday match till date.

Mark my word, Balaji is here to stay and will reach glorious height
    I have my ways anyway Pathan looked good...but he will reach glorious heights? Like Khan? Who's only just reaching some sort of consistancy? Or Nehra who got his test average under 29 for a bit before it was blasted up to 39...or Yohannan who played 2 Tests and has since struggled in FC cricket...?

State Regular
    [
    [/quote]

I have my ways anyway Pathan looked good...but he will reach glorious heights? Like Khan? Who's only just reaching some sort of consistancy? Or Nehra who got his test average under 29 for a bit before it was blasted up to 39...or Yohannan who played 2 Tests and has since struggled in FC cricket...? [/quote]

What has Balji/Pathan 2 do with the other pacers??? Before Srinath India didn't had a genuine fast bowler, it didn't stop him from reaching the top!

Just because Nehra/Ajit has struggled doesn't mean that Balaji and Pathan will also struggle, the later bowlers aren't a cloned verson of Ajit and Nehra so its not sensable to write them off

I still think Nehra should be in the team. He had only 3 bad matches. He had 5 or 6 good series before that. Why is every body saying that he is no good :O. He had a very good eco. espially with the new ball before this series.

State Regular

Nehra and Ajit will be in the 15 man squad for the WC but they won't be in the first choice 11 for the matches!

Cricket Spectator

Those that should be in,

Khan(when fit)
    Nath
    Balaji
    Ajit
    Youhannan

Those who should be out,

Nehra
    Bangar
    Yadev

Banned

If Ajit doesn't perform with the ball, he does it with the bat, thats why he's a vital member of Indian oneday team.

State Vice-Captain aussie_beater's Avatar
    Originally posted by CaptainSaurav

Those that should be in,

Khan(when fit)
    Nath
    Balaji
    Ajit
    Youhannan

Those who should be out,

Nehra
    Bangar
    Yadev
    Just a nit..... Srinath cannot be called Nath.That's neither his last name nor his nickname.

He is Javagal Srinath !!
    Flames are welcome, but beware of the *Backdraft *

State Vice-Captain aussie_beater's Avatar
    Originally posted by lord_of_darkness
    In my list of ppl that deserve an O.d Call up

Yohannan
    Harvinder

New ones to call

Pathan
    Z.Hussain

Just created this topic to discuss the bowlers left in the country and other people who deserve a chance etc other than AGARKAR and NEHRA
    Are you talking about Harvinder Singh ? That guy sucks so bad that I haven't seen a worse bowler.He played some ODIs in 1997-98 or so against Pak in Toronto alongwith Debashsis Mohanty.While Mohanty was almost unplayable in the swing friendly conditions in Toronto, Harvinder was spraying all over with no semblance of any line or length.Bad balls of all types....you name it and he had it.

[Edited on 13/11/2002 by aussie_beater]

Rik
    Originally posted by ajaagarkarajaaja

If Ajit doesn't perform with the ball, he does it with the bat, thats why he's a vital member of Indian oneday team.
    Oooooooookay...we've had a Yohannan lover which I thought was a bit bizzar to say the least...but an Agarkar lover????:O This is a guy who looks like he's about to thump the batsman as soon as he gets hit for 4...which is getting more and more common now...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information