• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian "Pace" Bowlers ? The Ones With Chance , The Ones that Deserve Chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by Rik
I wasn't, I was having an arguement with a guy who seemed to think that England are crap and all Indian bowlers are better than English ones. I seriously hope he's gone as hes just like WarriorYohannan and what a pain he was...
something must be done about this jerk "rik", i have been trying to avoid replying to this clown yet he keeps dragging me into it.
BTW. I don't think the guy is blessed with brains, no wonder he keeps talking about things that are giving him pain instead of just avoiding them!

[Edited on 14/11/2002 by warrioryohannan]

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
take it to email
Could you forward a copy to me thanks :D

I don't know about Yohanan and others as I haven't seen them bowl
Yup Yohannan is quite straight on , but just errors in length at times , not that great for FC not ready for that yet , hes made for O.D i think , he took a wicket in the first over or 2nd in his first O.D.I game , he is a pure bred of the MRF Pace Academy in Bangalore , he avgs 25 , strike rate of 28 give him some more chances in O.D.I if he is as bad as Agarkar kick him out.,..

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by warrioryohannan
Originally posted by Rik
I wasn't, I was having an arguement with a guy who seemed to think that England are crap and all Indian bowlers are better than English ones. I seriously hope he's gone as hes just like WarriorYohannan and what a pain he was...
something must be done about this jerk "rik", i have been trying to avoid replying to this clown yet he keeps dragging me into it.
BTW. I don't think the guy is blessed with brains, no wonder he keeps talking about things that are giving him pain instead of just avoiding them!

[Edited on 14/11/2002 by warrioryohannan]
Maybe you should refrain from having to comment on things that don't concern you, like this convo. I haven't even spoken to you so I don't know how I was supposed to have drawn you into this convo. Anyway you have just insulted me personally again, which is what the Mods have been telling everyone not to do. Also one other thing, can you please please please stop taking things so seriously? I mean cricket is a game...a GAME...its not life.

[Edited on 14/11/2002 by Rik]

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Can one of you cease it ? please , i dont want this topic to be closed and certainly dont want to see you both banned ,

So just forget about it and stick to the topic , personal flames mail each other if u love each other that much... meet each other

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by lord_of_darkness
Can one of you cease it ? please , i dont want this topic to be closed and certainly dont want to see you both banned ,

So just forget about it and stick to the topic , personal flames mail each other if u love each other that much... meet each other
I'm trying, I just wish he wouldn't keep coming back :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
mmm Fair enough ?
Hmmm I just realised your averaging 5 with the ball...similer to my indoor bowling...I averaged 5 or 6 last season opening the bowling with barely medium pace and SLA

V Reddy

International Debutant
Hey Rik what sort of cricket you guys play. Most of you i have seen avg. below 10. How is that possible.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by vishnureddy
Hey Rik what sort of cricket you guys play. Most of you i have seen avg. below 10. How is that possible.
Indoor Cricket...16 over innings, 1 innings per team, 3 overs per bowler, 4 bowlers per pair of batsmen. Wickets count as 5 runs off your score and the batsmen swap ends. Well for me anyway.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There's 2 sides involved here - and you criticising only one of them only inflames the situation.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Okay continuing on with the topic

Why doesnt India send some of its good young bowlers to places such as Australia or South Africa and get them to train up in their pace academies and try and play as an internation for one of the teams in Australia so they can get used to fast pitches and improve by tons ??

Or has this happend before unsucessfully ?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay continuing on with the topic

Why doesnt India send some of its good young bowlers to places such as Australia or South Africa and get them to train up in their pace academies and try and play as an internation for one of the teams in Australia so they can get used to fast pitches and improve by tons ??

Or has this happend before unsucessfully ?
Well Yohannan went to one but look at him :wow:

masterblaster

International Captain
Well coming back to Ajit Agarkar and Zaheer Khan, (im going to be killed for saying this) ;) :(

These were Ajit's stats in the NatWest Trophy played in England

6 wickets for 162 runs at an average of 27
Not to bad, for the amount of stick hes been getting by the English Fans

These were Zaheers Stats in the NatWest Trophy played in England

14 wickets for 330 runs at an average of 23, now thats pretty damn good. Infact Zaheer was the leading wicket taker in the NatWest Trophy against England and Sri Lanka

And Ajit Agarkar's unfortunate slide continues. When he burst onto the scene as a 19 year old bowler, he impressed me a lot and he was damn good and damn quick.

So this is Ajits unfortunate career slide:

1997/98 - 58 wickets at average of 18.22
1998 - 15 wickets at average of 34.75
1998/99 - 24 wickets at 30
1999 - 3 wickets at 54
1999/00 - 16 wickets at 48
2000/01 - 25 wickets at 30
2001 - 4 wickets at 20
2001/02 - 32 wickets at 24.28
2002 - 6 wickets at 27
2002/03 - 3 wickets at 75

not bad figures by Agarkar over the years. He impressed me way back in 1998 as one of the best new bowlers around, unfortunately injuries and loss of form have really hampered him.

Although he has always been up around 5.0 Economy Rate.

Hopes this sheds light on the Cult of Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by masterblaster
Well coming back to Ajit Agarkar and Zaheer Khan, (im going to be killed for saying this) ;) :(

These were Ajit's stats in the NatWest Trophy played in England

6 wickets for 162 runs at an average of 27
Not to bad, for the amount of stick hes been getting by the English Fans

These were Zaheers Stats in the NatWest Trophy played in England

14 wickets for 330 runs at an average of 23, now thats pretty damn good. Infact Zaheer was the leading wicket taker in the NatWest Trophy against England and Sri Lanka

And Ajit Agarkar's unfortunate slide continues. When he burst onto the scene as a 19 year old bowler, he impressed me a lot and he was damn good and damn quick.

So this is Ajits unfortunate career slide:

1997/98 - 58 wickets at average of 18.22
1998 - 15 wickets at average of 34.75
1998/99 - 24 wickets at 30
1999 - 3 wickets at 54
1999/00 - 16 wickets at 48
2000/01 - 25 wickets at 30
2001 - 4 wickets at 20
2001/02 - 32 wickets at 24.28
2002 - 6 wickets at 27
2002/03 - 3 wickets at 75

not bad figures by Agarkar over the years. He impressed me way back in 1998 as one of the best new bowlers around, unfortunately injuries and loss of form have really hampered him.

Although he has always been up around 5.0 Economy Rate.

Hopes this sheds light on the Cult of Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar
Thanx man for concluding that Ajit is basically crap :lol:

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
] [/quote]

Maybe you should refrain from having to comment on things that don't concern you, like this convo. I haven't even spoken to you so I don't know how I was supposed to have drawn you into this convo. Anyway you have just insulted me personally again, which is what the Mods have been telling everyone not to do. [/quote]

What do one make of your following statement

[/quote]
I seriously hope he's gone as hes just like WarriorYohannan and what a pain he was... [/quote]

If you want people not to insult you, then better learn to behave, i described you perfectly in my previous post.

[/quote]
Also one other thing, can you please please please stop taking things so seriously? I mean cricket is a game...a GAME...its not life.

[Edited on 14/11/2002 by Rik] [/quote]

Can you please just stick to cricket instead of getting into disputes with others?

nehrafan

Banned
[ Can you please just stick to cricket instead of getting into disputes with others?
With teenagers u have this problem, they seems to love getting into disputes with others (maybe they idolize Mike tyson)
Anyway i was partly to be blamed of for infuriating this chap long back.I expressed my honest opinion on a Windies bowler and wasn't aware that the teenager had a crush on him.I never intended to hurt anyone's sentiments, hope its cool now!:cool2:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right, that's it.

Nehrafan, you have the disinction of being the straw that broke the camel's back in this thread. It's so far off-topic as to be beyond a joke and you referring to Rik as 'the teenager' and and such is just inflaming the situation and kind-of ironic and hypocritical considering the childish nature of your post.

Rik, WarriorYohannan, Nehrafan and ajaagarkaraja: all of you need to grow up and learn to stick to the topic of conversation. If you have personal problems with someone, don't use the forum to air them. Take them to email or U2U like mature people would. This public bickering is as infantile as you all accuse each other of being and constitutes a 'flame war'. And as set out in the rules for the site, this isn't allowed.

Ergo, this thread is closed.

P.s. Just wanted to add that if any of the mature among you want to start another thread to discuss the topic still, I won't object.

[Edited on 15/11/2002 by Top_Cat]

Status
Not open for further replies.