• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is the teesra?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I have it on good information that the Teesra pitches and then simply stops, leaving the batsman to play a golf shot.
One of the worst deliveries ever bowled, then. 8-) I always thought of that Saqlain as an intelligent chappie, but, well, fancy being stupid enough to bowl what's nothing more than a free-hit ball.

(YES, I AM AWARE THAT THE POST I'M REPLYING TO WAS IN JEST, SO WAS THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Y'know Richard, I reckon it would have been funnier if you hadn't state it was in jest at the bottom, because I reckon a lot of people might have actually thoguht you were serious...which would have been VERY funny.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
One of the worst deliveries ever bowled, then. 8-) I always thought of that Saqlain as an intelligent chappie, but, well, fancy being stupid enough to bowl what's nothing more than a free-hit ball.

(YES, I AM AWARE THAT THE POST I'M REPLYING TO WAS IN JEST, SO WAS THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Hahahahaha. Super joke. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not really.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Y'know Richard, I reckon it would have been funnier if you hadn't state it was in jest at the bottom, because I reckon a lot of people might have actually thoguht you were serious...which would have been VERY funny.
I'm absolutely certain that a lot of people would have thought I was serious... you don't remember this thread, do you? I thought it'd be so funny to pretend to take something which was patently not serious seriously, and oh, no, no-one (bar Matt-Voltman) got it. It was just yet another example of "you don't get humour".

EDIT: when I dug it up you did respond, though I think the initial thing was before your time.

From then on, I vowed to put that in the bottom of every post which my attitude was along those lines, and avert such a thing from then on.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well do you really think I thought it was?
I didn't think whether it was or wasn't some thing you said seriously. I did not super analyse. I read the post and saw a poor attempt of trying to be funny from you and not much else.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well you'd hardly expect a good attempt at being funny from me, would you?

Jesus, I just get sick of the "you and humour don't go together", so I just pretend to try to be funny once in a while.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well you'd hardly expect a good attempt at being funny from me, would you?
I did not analyse regarding your humour capabilities or the lack of them. So I had no expectations. Then, I saw this really poor attempt and thought I could say it but I did not analyse that some one else would analyse regarding it............................................

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya!
O Lord, kumbaya!

Someone’s laughing, Lord, kumbaya!
O Lord, kumbaya!

Someone’s crying, Lord, kumbaya!
O Lord, kumbaya!

Someone’s praying, Lord, kumbaya!
O Lord, kumbaya!

Someone’s singing, Lord, kumbaya!
O Lord, kumbaya!

O Lord, kumbaya!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I did not analyse regarding your humour capabilities or the lack of them. So I had no expectations. Then, I saw this really poor attempt and thought I could say it but I did not analyse that some one else would analyse regarding it............................................
You've not noticed (no analysis required) that most people on here seem to be possessed of the misguided impression that I have no humour?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
O Lord, kumbaya!

O Lord, kumbaya!

O Lord, kumbaya!

O Lord, kumbaya!

O Lord, kumbaya!

O Lord, kumbaya!
And I always used to think that one was "come buy our"

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm absolutely certain that a lot of people would have thought I was serious... you don't remember this thread, do you? I thought it'd be so funny to pretend to take something which was patently not serious seriously, and oh, no, no-one (bar Matt-Voltman) got it. It was just yet another example of "you don't get humour".

EDIT: when I dug it up you did respond, though I think the initial thing was before your time.

From then on, I vowed to put that in the bottom of every post which my attitude was along those lines, and avert such a thing from then on.
LOL, yes I remember that thread being dug up. Richard, your memory for threads really is good.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Now that I think on, noone has mentioned the possibility of backspin. Perhaps the idea is that the ball pitches in front of middle, then the backspin causes it to head towards the non-strikers' end and trap the non-striker lbw? (all sorts of technicalities here, but still....you never know....)

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hey all... long time lurker - first time poster..

As a finger spinner I just thought I'd add my 2-cents...

A top-spinner is not the same as the flipper, both wrist and finger spinners bowl top spinners which are meant to go at the same trajectory/pace as your stock ball but then go straight and bounce a little more, essentially you are still putting the same revs on the ball but trying to rotate the seam towards the batsman rather than at 90-degrees...

An arm ball is more akin to the flipper where the ball is delivered slightly flatter and quicker, thereby giving the impression that it has pitched shorter than it actually has, and is meant to skid on thereby beating the batsmans defences and giving you a chance at an LBW or bowled...

I can only assume that the teesra would be some sort of a "reverse topspinner" whereby the ball is delivered with backspin in an attempt to make it skid through... I've tried something like it out in the nets but I find the effect is minimal and it's extremely difficult to deliver with any pace