• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is the teesra?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It can be a combination of partial usages of any number of the below:

* Full toss/Beamer
* Fast bowling
o Bouncer
o Indipper
o Inswinger
o Leg cutter
o Outswinger
o Off cutter
o Reverse
o Slower ball
o Yorker
* Spin bowling
o Arm ball
o Chinaman
o Doosra
o Flipper
o Googly
o Leg break
o Off break
o Slider
o Topspinner

Bowled in an underarm, roundarm, overarm or lob styles or a combination of partial usages of the four styles.

Or some thing even more innovative.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A record for most names butchered within one post?
Your reply is certainly the funniest ****-take of a quote since aussie's debut and tec's comment which was something along the lines of "could there be more incorrect information in this post?"

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You mean a doosra with less spin imparted?
Nah, it pitches on off stump, and goes towards leg and then mid way through it makes a U turn and goes back towards off and ends up clipping the edge of off stump.

Oh wait, that means its just like a straight on delivery.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
It could be something that is pitched full of length and then turns back towards the non-strikers end.

Or it could be something similar to the knuckle-ball with a hint of spin.

Or it could be the third delivery in an over :p.

shortpitched713

International Captain
As I say - once you've got three deliveries that do everything it's possible for a cricket-ball to do, you can't develop anything else.
Gonna have to disagree with that. What the hell is the use of the top-spinner and the flipper then? Why didn't Warne just bowl arm balls?

adharcric

International Coach
It could be something that is pitched full of length and then turns back towards the non-strikers end.

Or it could be something similar to the knuckle-ball with a hint of spin.

Or it could be the third delivery in an over :p.
Or it could be a load of BS. Yeah, that's what it is.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I don't think the possibility of the 'teesra's existence or effectiveness should be doubted just yet - there are any number of things a ball can do besides go straight on and break in either direction. Look at Warne's flipper - essentially it goes straight on, but in reality it's far more than just a straight ball - ditto his topspinner.

I think it's likely, given that offspinners naturally impart topspin on the ball and it's pretty easy to bowl a topspinner, that the 'teesra' is some sort of underspinner, similar to Warne's flipper. It's about the only thing that could still conceivably be done by a finger-spinner, or at least it's the next logical progression barring something extraordinary.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thats funny because I had that in my post but edited it out. The poor guy is the butt of way too many jokes and by all accounts he is a nice guy and a team player.
Not to mention a damn good bowler when the pitch offers him some turn...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gonna have to disagree with that. What the hell is the use of the top-spinner and the flipper then? Why didn't Warne just bowl arm balls?
A top-spinner is a Flipper...

Wristspinners bowl Flippers, fingerspinners bowl Arm-balls... they do the same thing, they're just disguised differently by different bowlers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you wouldn't go so far then you haven't experienced his bowling on a turning pitch.

He's taken good figures just about every time he's had the chance on a turning pitch. For me, that rates considerably above 'doing better on the crappiness scale'.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I have it on good information that the Teesra pitches and then simply stops, leaving the batsman to play a golf shot.