• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is the teesra?

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
What would that delivery look like?

Second: दूसरा = Dūsarā ~ Doosra
Third: तीसरा = Tīsarā ~ Teesra
Fourth: चौथा = Cauthā ~ Joeta/Chowta (chow isn't pronounced like the 'ow' in 'cow', but like the 'ow' in 'row')
I've tried bowling it, it's pretty much impossible without bending the elbow (at least for an offspinner). I'm sure someone better than me could figure it out though.

I eagerly await the introduction of the chowta.

uvelocity

International Coach
I've tried bowling it, it's pretty much impossible without bending the elbow (at least for an offspinner). I'm sure someone better than me could figure it out though.

I eagerly await the introduction of the chowta.
expecting it to pitch behind the stumps and spin backwards tbh

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think if you put massive backspin on a ball it could theoretically shoot up the bat into the air for a close-in catch. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before.

Out of curiosity, can any Hindu/Urdi speaker tell me what comes after teesra? I.e. what is "the fourth one"?
'Urdu' btw, not 'Urdi' :p

Same with 'Hindu' and 'Hindi'

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Smali banned for laughing too much like Conan the Barbarian and Benchy banned for posting the Smali laughing gif on here.

Last edited:

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
expecting it to pitch behind the stumps and spin backwards tbh
If you did bowl a "satellite" (a lob) in a Test, and it span bank and hit the wicket would it be out? Can you, according to the Laws, be bowled off a wide. No orthodix stroke can be played to a satellite, so technically it's a wide. What is the ruling here?:wacko:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Wouldn't it be a waist high no ball? Cannot be bowled from a no ball of course.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well he's an offie and his doosra goes the other way, I'll leave it up to you to decide where the teesra goes :p