• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afro-Asia Cup

LA ICE-E

State Captain
do they have ODI status? i dont think compressed teams should have odi status with exceptions ex. west indies...well i dont know about this series as you cant tell and am thinking its something like the johnny walker series infering from the name....

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, they were just showing this on the cricket channel I have. And it said, Prince reaches his 3rd ODI 50... so I am guessing the answer is yes, yes they do have ODI status.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
IMO the current idea is better than the Africa XI vs Asia XI when clearly none of the players took it seriously.

However... if the players could be persuaded to take it seriously, I think such games would be genuinely fascinating... and if, of course, Kenya and Zimbabwe could produce some top teams, which won't happen until Zanu PF is deposed.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
what cricket chanel do you have turb? coz i was wanting to find out about that for the world cup

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There has been one so far, where "an Africa XI" played "an Asia XI".

The format that appears to be proposed for the next one is SA, Zim, Ken, Ind, Pak, SL, Ban (or something of the type).

Which IMO is at least better than the former, because the players patently struggled to rouse themselves for playing for continents rather than countries. That did disappoint me, mind, because I do think intercontinental cricket would be interesting if it were taken seriously.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah, in that case, the current idea does sound better. I think cricket will always be an international game, you know. For football, inter-club games work and in golf, the intercontinental stuff works. But with cricket, it always has to be international, I guess.

Thanks for the explanation, Richard. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Indeed, given that at the moment there are only two continents who could produce a credible team - Asia and Oceana. Even then Asia is the only one that draws from enough different countries to make a selection really interesting.