• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How to prevent crowd trouble in India?

henochschon

Cricket Spectator
The International Cricket Council (ICC) said it was looking at expanding its powers to remove international status from venues after crowd trouble again marred India's one-day series with West Indies on Tuesday.

But one can't ban all the venues in India, or can we??

Choora

State Regular
Banning a venue doesn't make any sense to me, its only a hanful of ppl who creates the problem, while punish all the spectators??

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
The most trouble some venue in India is the Eden Garden in Calcutta, which also happen to be the best and the largest stadium in the world, now how can you put a ban on such a great venue just coz of the act of a handfull of individuals??

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's got to be more than a handful of people - and as for best ground, that's debatable - big does not always mean best.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Selling Alcoholic Drinks to Adults ( selling it to kids will provide more decency )

Opening other various sports for the country to watch

Cover the whole circle of the ground with Barbed wire :baddevil: :baddevil: :baddevil: Evil !

Bazza

International 12th Man
I voted for the fifth option which I have decided to define as 'none of the above'. ie Match awarded to opponents of side whose supporters cause problems. Surely anyone who cares the least bit about their nation will not wish to have this happen?

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
If a match gets disturbed again, make the team pay, i.e a puishment that has some sort of bearing on the result of the series itself. That should make it hard for people to disrupt a match. However I dont think that the people who disturbed the match last time were real patriots !

Apart from that, i once saw in a match in India where the whole stadium was netted and you couldn't manage to throw a thing onto the field. Something along those lines as well.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah i think that if the home crowd causes trouble than the opposition team should be awarded the match because only the host team players can convince their crowd to stop acting in that manner.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
I voted for the fifth option which I have decided to define as 'none of the above'. ie Match awarded to opponents of side whose supporters cause problems. Surely anyone who cares the least bit about their nation will not wish to have this happen?
Thats not going to solve the problem atall.The ppl who disrupt the match are often least bothered about the outcome of the match,they just want to have their own kind of fun. I mean India was easily winning the last onedayer, Sehwag and co were going great guns yet the crowd disrupted the match, what for?? Those idiots aren't interested in the outcome of the match, nor in watching a cricket match

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
In the first place, it is not a genuine cricket fan who causes these problems. It is the rabble who come to a ground so that they can quench their thirst for shouting, screaming and general rowdy behaviour in an atmosphere which condones it to an extent. These people are not particularly interested in the result, they just want to have what is their version of fun. It is not patriotism that makes them do it, it is a general penchant for making trouble. If the allegations that bookies tried to manipulate the result through the crowd has any truth, these are the kind of people who can do this for them.

I believe stricter security is the answer. I read an article that at Rajkot, some of the policemen were bringing people into the stadium without tickets more than likely after taking bribes from them. If the supposed protectors can be so easily manipulated, what security can be expected in the ground? Take steps to avoid such happenings and these kinds of incidents will decrease. Awarding the match to the opposing team because of a few hooligans is I feel, unfairly penalising the home team and the majority of the spectators. The cricket associations and the security services at the ground should be held responsible and accountable, instead.