• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ICC is sending wrong signals by awarding the match to the hosts!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by marc71178
While mentioning SA and Zimb i did add the word "possibly".I do think if there is a split, SA will side towards India, as they did during the Tendulkar episode!
They did that more for the money than because they wanted to support India - the only way to get the Test played was to back them in this, so they backed them.
Nah, there is much more to that , India is SA'sa big business partner & the SA govt had to come in the middle to prevent the relationship from getting damaged.

Pollock openly backed Tendulkar on the tampering issue and said that he was more than happy to play the match without Denniss, i think he was speaking his mind and wasn't just trying to please someone!

anzac

International Debutant
I wasn't aware of the Indian threat re the NZ tour to Pakistan.....

I take it you are referring to the tour that was subsequently cancelled due to the bomb blast, in which case I would say that the NZ reluctance was justified and the Indian 'threat' uncalled for, unjustified, and just plain wrong!!!! This would not do a lot for their credibility IMO!!!!

my stance re bans is not for first offences, but for repeat offences such as the current situation where no action was taken until the 4th ODI. I believe that there has to be a deterrant & penalties in place to ensure a prompt and proper response to any such incidents to nip them in the bud, otherwise they tend to drag on and escalate.

again I say if the rules & penalties are established b4 hand, and then a team / nation disregards them & is punished - if they decide to go their own way so be it!!!!

I would hope that the other nations do not have the same 'blind' allegience that India may have shown re the NZ tour of Pakistan....

In a worse case scenario & we have a mass walkout - then I guess those 'rebels' won't be seeing any of my money at anytime - if I have to I'll give up on the International game and just watch the local State comp - like the Rugby League State of Origin it's amongst the best competition in the world so I'll still be watching some world class cricket!!!!

;)