• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing namesakes

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We have a nine year old left arm spinner at my club called Jack Hobbs.

Am so not going to be able to keep a straight face if/when I end up keeping to him on 4th XI debut in four years etc, etc.

Precambrian

Banned
Habhajan Singh -
Off spinner for India,
an Indian army soldier who died near the Nathula Pass in eastern Sikkim, India,
a Punjabi poet, critic, cultural commentator, and translator,
a master of Kundalini Yoga and spiritual leader for the 3HO movement

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Alan Wells Olympic 100m champion; Sussex (and, fleetingly, England) batsman

Mark Waugh: elegant batsman who scored bucketfuls of Test runs; (sp. Mark Wagh): elegant batsman

Pratt Sub fielder who ran out Australian captain in 2005; Autralian captain in 2005

Precambrian

Banned
Robert Kennedy

Former NZ test cricketer, who famously claimed the first wicket in the World Cup 1996.

Also, assassinated former Advocate General, US Senator and Former US Prez JFK's brother.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Chris Smith First openly gay British cabinet minister; imported England opening batsman

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Graeme Hick: Certain saviour of England's cricket team, 1987 - May 1991; shameful failure and middle-order waste of space for England's cricket team June 1991 onwards.

Precambrian

Banned
Robin Smith (comics), a British comic book artist
Robin Smith (cricketer), a South African-born England international
Robin Smith (psychologist), an American seminarian and author
Robin Smith (wrestler), an American WWF performer
Robin Smith (bishop), Anglican Bishop of Hertford, England, 1990-2001

Ty Wiki.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Tony Cottee: Footballer; midget batsman for Glamorgan and Sussex, and footballer (Autobiography: "There's only 2 Tony Cotteys" (cf Andy Goram))

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Precambrian we must stop this or we will get dangerously obsessive

This is a fantastic topic

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Sachin Tendulkar - the master blaster
Rahul Dravid - the wall

Rahul Tondulkar - scored 357 in the Harris Shield, breaking Vinod Kambli's record set in that partnership with Tendulkar.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Amir Khan - Hit a six off the last ball and spared his village the penalty of a triple tax in the 1800's.

Amir Khan - British boxer