• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The return of Darrell Hair - well almost.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Inzi really did say that, then it's deplorable and there's no defence for it. However, this is the first I've that qoute. I'm going to question the source.
I'm pretty sure I've seen that quote before. And certainly similar sentiments expressed by other Pakistanis, and fine-upstanding-gentlemen-type Pakistanis, not Javed Miandads - people like Ramiz Raja and Mohammad Akram.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If Inzy said this, then it is completely deplorable and out of order. He needs to be severely punished for accusing umpires like that. The international game doesn't need this.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm pretty sure I've seen that quote before. And certainly similar sentiments expressed by other Pakistanis, and fine-upstanding-gentlemen-type Pakistanis, not Javed Miandads - people like Ramiz Raja and Mohammad Akram.
Ramiz Raja and Mohammad Akram have accused umpires of being willfully biased against Pakistan in every day decisions?

Fusion

Global Moderator
If Inzy said this, then it is completely deplorable and out of order. He needs to be severely punished for accusing umpires like that. The international game doesn't need this.
Agreed. I'm trying to find video footage of the Captain's corner interview where Fraz claimed Inzi said this. I saw the interview after day 4 and no such comments were made by Inzi.

I'm not doubting you Fraz, I'm just shocked that Inzi would say something like this. So hence want to see the interview myself.

pasag

RTDAS
Found this, not as drastic as Fraz made it sound:

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/007200701171440.htm

Inzamam call for technology's assistance in umpiring decisions

Karachi, Jan. 17 (PTI): Unhappy with some umpiring decisions during the first cricket Test against South Africa in Centurion, Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has urged the International Cricket Council to allow the umpires seek the assistance of modern technology more often.

"Why should assistance from modern technology just be restricted to stumping or run-out line decisions. Why can't it be applied to other dismissals as well," Inzamam said in a television interview after the defeat.

Pakistan were at the rough end of some poor umpiring decisions, but Inzamam did not blame it for the defeat.

"The ICC Code of Conduct does not allow me to say anything on this. But everyone saw what happened," he said.

Inzamam urged the ICC to allow the umpires to seek the assistance of modern technology while reaching at a conclusion on doubtful decisions.

"Modern technology can be used by umpires to rule on any close decisions including caught behind or leg before ones," he added.

The ICC experimented with the option of allowing batting teams to appeal against any disputed decision to the third umpire last year in one tournament, but soon afterwards dropped the idea.
Not too much for concern from that, I'd have thought.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd like to know why "Spot the Indian" has been condemned but "Spot the Australian" hasn't? Is saying one worse than the other?

(don't think either should have been condemned, IMO, btw, tbh, tbf /pasag mode)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd like to know why "Spot the Indian" has been condemned but "Spot the Australian" hasn't? Is saying one worse than the other?

(don't think either should have been condemned, IMO, btw, tbh, tbf)
When I said "spot the Australian" (I've said "spot the Englishman", too, when someone - an Englishman, astoundingly enough, said something along the lines of "it's only ODIs, it doesn't matter") what I meant was that the attitudes and values expressed in the post I quoted from seemed to typify the Australian response to the Hair issue.

I don't think India is much of a player in this. So I don't think "spot the Indian" is neccessarily a prudent comment. It's Sri Lanka and Pakistan who've had the truck with Hair.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
li, wdp, aly

(love it, well done pasag, always liked you)

We could have entire threads in code.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When I said "spot the Australian" (I've said "spot the Englishman", too, when someone - an Englishman, astoundingly enough, said something along the lines of "it's only ODIs, it doesn't matter") what I meant was that the attitudes and values expressed in the post I quoted from seemed to typify the Australian response to the Hair issue.

I don't think India is much of a player in this. So I don't think "spot the Indian" is neccessarily a prudent comment. It's Sri Lanka and Pakistan who've had the truck with Hair.
steds will not be happy (twas him I saw you direct the comment to I believe) :p