• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The return of Darrell Hair - well almost.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IMO, it's fantastic that 2 sub-continent teams are touring SA and both are complaining about the umpires - you reap what you sow boys!

Fusion

Global Moderator
IMO, it's fantastic that 2 sub-continent teams are touring SA and both are complaining about the umpires - you reap what you sow boys!
I don't see where the teams are complaining. By the way, still fantastic that Hair is not allowed back in Tests and ODI's with major nations. But I'm sure he'll find a way to make a martyr of himself, and hence get the headlines he craves, against the minnows as well.

ripper868

International Coach
darrel hair to be one of the umpire and people are make such a bid deal over it for no reason.
Darrell Hair was banned from being an umpire in the full member matches, he was not banned from anything else. So why is him being an umpire in the associate's tri-series a big deal? He was good enough to be an elite umpire but not anymore; as his discision about the ball tempering issue was proven wrong. He should still be allowed to be umpire in associate mathces. no big deal
how come all blame went to hair, doesnt bucknor have to agree with him prior to the report? Hair was hard done by IMO, just because he tries to enforce the laws of the game (e.g. Murali) he gets in ****.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No spot someone who recognises that Hair's demotion was nothing more than a politically motivated lynching
It was a demotion moved by the fact that two cricketing nations (Sri Lanka and Pakistan) had completely lost faith in his ability to fairly judge matches involving them.

With some justification.

And Australians tend to back their own and blast subcontinentals. NO, THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH EVERY AUSTRALIAN AND I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING OF THE SORT.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't think that Darrell Hair(the most racist unpire ever) should be allowed to captain in the associate member matches even.
It was more of a case of him loving his own authority more than the game. In terms of the percentage of right decisions, there was never a problem but his on field conduct with certain teams left a lot to be desired for a professional umpire.

I don't know his mind, but as a professionals whatever he personally felt should be put aside for the good of the game. He had run ins with Kapil Dev & India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, & South Africa off the top of my head.

And I believe all five of those countries voted to remove him (England and Australia opposed).

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Perhaps that should say something, Social?
It's called conflict of interest - you should abstain from voting where u have one

As for support for Asian bloc - it's called money

Anyway, objectives have been achieved, umpiring standards have gone down, sub-continent teams are still folding like yesterday's newspaper , and they're still blaming everyone bar themselves for their defeats

Fusion

Global Moderator
It's called conflict of interest - you should abstain from voting where u have one

Anyway, objectives have been achieved, umpiring standards have gone down, sub-continent teams are still folding like yesterday's newspaper , and they're still blaming everyone bar themselves for their defeats
Again, care to point out where the sub-continent TEAMS blamed "everyone bar themselves" for their defeats? In particular, where did they blame the umpires, as you have repeatedly implied?

Also, the English team folded during the Ashes. Did that have something to do with Darrel Hair's sacking as well??

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Again, care to point out where the sub-continent TEAMS blamed "everyone bar themselves" for their defeats? In particular, where did they blame the umpires, as you have repeatedly implied?

Also, the English team folded during the Ashes. Did that have something to do with Darrel Hair's sacking as well??
of course! he by himself had more than made up for the ineptness of all the other umpires in the panel, after he left, umpiring standards the world over plummeted, didn't you know.....do try to keep up with the latest news!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

This is getting trollish IMO.