• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

dream team with surnames beggining with G

Fiery

Banned
Giles,A

Nah just kidding.

Here's my team:

Gavaskar,S
Greenidge,G
Gooch,G
Gower,D
Graveney,T
Greig,T *
Gilchrist,A +
Goddard,T
Grimmett,C
Garner,J
Gibbs,L

12th man: W.G. Grace to carry the drinks. Needs to work on his fitness. Too fat and holds the bat funny.

I'm bound to have forgotten about or missed out some. Here are some players to miss out who would make a pretty useful 2nd XI:

Gayle,C
Gibbs,H
Gomes,L
Gatting,M *
Ganguly,S
Gurusinhe,A
Gregory,J
Grout,W +
Gillespie,J
Gough,D
Griffiths,C

12th man:

Greatbatch,M (I had to include at least 1 kiwi)

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
All time Aussie 11. G this is a good team :laugh: (get it!)

RG Gregory
H Graham
SE Gregory
DRA Gehrs
Adam Gilchrist
J. Gregory
G. Giffen (C)
ATW Grout (wk)
TW Garrett
CV Grimmett
JW Gleeson

Fiery

Banned
My all-time NZ team. A formidable line-up...cough,cough:

Gedye,S
Greatbatch,M
Guy,J
Gallichan,N
Garrard,D
Germon,L *
Guillen,S +
Gray,E
Gillespie,M
Gillespie,S
Gillott,E

C'mon guys! Get your teams in. I shouldn't need to G you up :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Really. 8-)

I've no objection to these threads if people want to have said laugh but why can't this be posted in CH?

Matt79

Global Moderator
no need for this to go in cricket humour. We've had every other category of stipulation-based XI in CC. And more importantly - IT'S CLEARLY NOT INTENDED, OR IN REALITY, HUMOUROUS...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Back on topic...

My team would be:
Gavaskar
Greenidge
Gower
Grace
Gomes
Greig
Gilchrist
Gregory, Jack
Gillespie
Garner
Grimmett

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Oh so CH=cricket humour.

Don't see why this should be there, as I've seen far more hilarious threads in CC. This is just another "Name an XI" thread that crops up every few days. If you don't like them, ignore them. Geeze. :mellow:

Matt79

Global Moderator
H - anyone?

Hutton
Hobbs
Hammond
Headley
Harvey, Neil
Hill, Clem
Healy
Hadlee
Hughes, Mervyn
Holding
Hohns

Trevor Hohns is the weak point there - I couldn't think of a decent spinner who started with H. Hirst could come in for Hill as an allrounder if worried about only four bowlers, but with a pace trio of Hadlee, Holding and Big Merv, I'm fairly comfortable having the extra batsman...