• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Navjot Sidhu sent to prison

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was astonished when I heard about this a month or so ago.

Isn't this a case that's dragged for 19 years or something (haven't read that link)...?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, that thought did come to mind but we can say plentiful ungracious stuff about the British and American systems, too...

adharcric

International Coach
Well, that thought did come to mind but we can say plentiful ungracious stuff about the British and American systems, too...
Trust me, there is no comparison between the Indian and American systems. I won't comment on the British one.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, I don't doubt they're better, but equally... suing your parents (and winning) for giving you a name?

There are serious judicial problems at the moment, we can just thank God they only affect a small minority.

(Don't get the idea that I find there were better judicial systems in the past - until pretty recently the British judicial system was completely corrupt)