• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket lovers ( i.e us lot) are generally the cleverest!

Are cricket lovers the cleverest?

• yes

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • no

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • not sure

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Nishant

International 12th Man
Now here's a good Q. I believe that cricket is for the brainy! Im not just tring to make us lot look better or anything....but dont u think that watching and understanding cricket does require the most cmmon sense ad maybe also mathematical ability than any of the other sports?

BE HONEST!!!!!!!!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
TBH, NFL has a lot more strategy and 'mental power' involved. But overall, this forum has probably the smartest, objective, mature, and knowledgeable posters of any other sports forums I frequent. The fact that people are from all over the world and not just one country is a plus.

Really a tribute to James and the staff for keeping it running, as well as the hundreds of posters with no life and lots of knowledge that really contribute quite a bit. What's impressive is that we have a massive age ranges from 13-14 onwards and there are class contributors at each age level and nationality.

:thumbup1:

Nishant

International 12th Man
TBH, NFL has a lot more strategy and 'mental power' involved. But overall, this forum has probably the smartest, objective, mature, and knowledgeable posters of any other sports forums I frequent. The fact that people are from all over the world and not just one country is a plus.

Really a tribute to James and the staff for keeping it running, as well as the hundreds of posters with no life and lots of knowledge that really contribute quite a bit. What's impressive is that we have a massive age ranges from 13-14 onwards and there are class contributors at each age level and nationality.

Thats something ive always been quite happy about as well. Spot on their SS!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Great example is when I'm discussing cricket with friends or family, I can make outrageous statements and get away with it by quoting some obscure stats. Here, I'd get the smack down treatment immediately from all sides if I tried it. :laugh:

Nishant

International 12th Man
Great example is when I'm discussing cricket with friends or family, I can make outrageous statements and get away with it by quoting some obscure stats. Here, I'd get the smack down treatment immediately from all sides if I tried it. :laugh:
i do that as well actually! Always get away with it when talking to family...cs they dont have as knowledge about the game as we on CW do! I guess thats a good thing...because sometimeswat u think is not always the only side to it. On CW, people know wat they're talking about and can easily change ur point of view! (okay....maybe not urs SS :laugh: )

pasag

RTDAS
My smarter mates all love cricket, the less intelligent ones do not. I don't mean to make any sort of implication from that, just laying down the facts of something I've observed. Take from it what you will. :ph34r: :p

And spot on from SS there.

Langeveldt

Soutie
My smarter mates all love cricket, the less intelligent ones do not. I don't mean to make any sort of implication from that, just laying down the facts of something I've observed. Take from it what you will. :ph34r: :p

And spot on from SS there.
Nah I disagree, there are an awful lot of really dire cricket fans and appaling opinion on the game, and I'd say only Soccer fans are worse..

More educated sports fans? Probably look at Rugby Union (in England) and Golf (worldwide). And probably fans of minority sports such as Cycling and Badminton are a lot better..

Dravid

International Captain

You are the only one with no life :)

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I hate to generalise but I do find that cricket fans seem to be more knowledgable. Maybe I've been lucky in meeting the intelligent ones but out of all sports I would say cricket attracts those with a longer attention span and those who care for detail.

howardj

International Coach
I hate to generalise but I do find that cricket fans seem to be more knowledgable. Maybe I've been lucky in meeting the intelligent ones but out of all sports I would say cricket attracts those with a longer attention span and those who care for detail.
No doubt Test cricket attracts intelligent folk. I find the less intelligent folk enjoy Twenty20. :ph34r:

In fact, the shorter the game gets, the more it attracts the dregs (in terms of IQ) of society. :laugh: