• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin's pads

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
About 20 years ago, I was given a pair of pads like he, VVS, and Hameer wear.

IMO, best pads ever

I was fortunate enough to wear all makes and models - classics from Slazenger and Kookaburra through to revolutionary designs from SS and Duncan Fearnley

However, without doubts these were tops for comfort and protection. Plus they were incredibly light in weight and basically moulded to your leg

Anyone know whether they're still produced today or are just for a few test players?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think they were originally thought of as "Gooch and Gavaskar" pads, that's certainly what Nasser Hussain described Tendulkar as wearing when their paths first crossed (Hussain 21, Tendulkar 16)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I've heard from a couple people that, in general, the Indian team uses slightly inferior equipment than the rest. Probably just rumors because God knows they can afford it, but not sure.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've heard from a couple people that, in general, the Indian team uses slightly inferior equipment than the rest. Probably just rumors because God knows they can afford it, but not sure.
Sachin's bat, MRF, is limited edition (Madras Rubber Factory (??) using clever marketing ploy)

Absolutely superb

adharcric

International Coach
That may have been the case back in the day, but Indian cricketers today are rich as hell. Quite sure they all have their personal top-class equipment.
Don't get deceived by the "Brittania" labels on the bats. :)