• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC World Cricket League

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
good game by the dutchies, hopefully the bowling really will get going now

re home grown:
Raja and Kervezee have learned there cricket overhere, I remember playing a very young Kervezee impressing a lot!

Reekers is more dutch then most people think, his father is dutch and his mother is a kiwi.

fun fact: Jarrod Englefield will become dutch in 3 years time...could be fun :D

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
absolutely unbelievable win by scotland. Chased down 280 with mccallum scoring 100. Scored at 10 an over for the last 15 overs... with 6 and then 7 down!
The irish had this game and threw it away...

Steulen

International Regular
absolutely unbelievable win by scotland. Chased down 280 with mccallum scoring 100. Scored at 10 an over for the last 15 overs... with 6 and then 7 down!
The irish had this game and threw it away...
Not to mention it came down to the last ball.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/worldcricketleague/content/story/278133.html

The man has the right outlook on non-Test cricket. It's not going to catch on in Canda, or the USA, and most probably not in China, but countries like the African nations and Nepal should be encouraged. There is going to end up with a real division in associate cricket - between those genuine representative sides, like Holland, Kenya and Bermuda, and those made up purely of expats, like Canada and the UAE.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Ireland and Scotland thrive on Aussie's don't they?
although there competitions if i'm correct are fairly home grown.

one thing must be said about there youth teams though, they are top-class, better then most english countie teams they face, what must happen now, is give those guys the treatment the kids get when they sign for a county, thats where the differance lays, in the younger years they are all fairly level, but after that it comes down to a few things that us smaller nations lack and Counties do have.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Englefield would be a good addition to the Dutch line up for sure. For years he was touted as being a very promising batsman for NZ but he never really got going. He was part of the NZ U19 team that had the likes of Vincent, Mills, Franklin and the Marshall brothers.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
hmm i don't know if it will catch on in canda, you cant be sure to say it wont...20/20 will but the rest..well canada is putting more money into it after beating bangladesh last world cup and that got on the canadian news...that would not happen in usa...china on the other hand will work because their government is willing to take in the sport...and they will have homegrown players in a while...but i do agree with the article...there should be more found to the developement programs which produce home ground player more than those who don't so much...

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Englefield would be a good addition to the Dutch line up for sure. For years he was touted as being a very promising batsman for NZ but he never really got going. He was part of the NZ U19 team that had the likes of Vincent, Mills, Franklin and the Marshall brothers.

what I do wonder...why was he never given a shot at the test team?
he captained CD and had an average of 40 2 seasons in a row?
2003-04 (New Zealand) 4 6 1 173 77 34.60 0 2 2
2004-05 (New Zealand) 8 13 1 533 127 44.41 1 4 6
2005-06 (New Zealand) 9 15 2 533 80* 41.00 0 5 4
he has been my coach on my first and so far only Holland tour, and bar that he's a very good cricketer, he's also a very nice guy...and cheese-jam sandwiches is another thing ive learned :D haha

Steulen

International Regular
To stop you from laughing, The Dutch are being slaughtered by the Kenyans: 94/8 off 36. Bermuda are putting up a real fight against the Irish, who must still be shell-shocked from what happened yesterday. The Scotland-Canada scorecard is currently dead.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kenya win by seven wickets and look to romp the tournament.

Tucker got Eoin Morgan for a duck for Bermuda, but Ireland need "just" 29 in four overs to win it. William Porterfield is set for a maiden ton (his highest score being 73 against a decent Sri Lanka A attack in Abu Dhabi)

Canada require 98 in 15 overs against Scotland, looking to stage an upset. Another big score for Bagai, it seems, as they're only three down with Davison, Samad and Ali out.

Edit: Trent Johnston slogs a couple of sixes off Lionel Cann to win it and go second in the table, temporarily.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Scotland 276-4
Canada 269-9

Dougie Brown bowled the last over, conceding 4. Hoffmann got two men bowled. Scotland go second. :)

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Canada really do seem able to step up their game when it matters, but always seems to be too little too late. I notice 33 Extras were conceeded, and its cost us today. Soldier on, I think we have Bermuda next and certainly is a fantastic opportunity to get points on the board

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Regards Kenya romping this home - I wish.
Despite the fact they have had two good wins, matches against Ireland and Scotland still loom and either of these sides are good enough to win the tournament. I still think they will win, they are after all very focussed, but romping it in may be optimistic.
The Dutch failed to fire today - I thought that part of it was mental - they were very caught up in losing the toss, but Kenya's bowlers bowled fantastically. Netherlands will I'm sure come back well and should still be rated.
Watching the Ireland Scotland match, either team could have won, and indeed Ireland were unlucky with a couple of crucial umpiring decisions. One run out should certainly have gone their way.
Bermuda looked ordinary in their first match - I was at gymkhana today, so didn't see their improved performance, but I can't honestly see them winning anything.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
So you were at the Scotland match then?.Impressed by any of our players.Neil McCallum to score a century against the Aussies.:laugh:

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
So you were at the Scotland match then?.Impressed by any of our players.Neil McCallum to score a century against the Aussies.:laugh:
Yep - back home in Kenya for the WCL.

Neil was great (didn't live up to his initials at all) and I was also impressed with Haq opening and the way Smith and Wright went about the final few overs. I was sharing the press box with several Irishmen and the atmosphere was electric.

One thing I was not impressed with was the rendition of 'flower of Scotland' after the match. The boys may be able to play cricket, but they sure as hell can't sing :laugh:
Our security guard in the media area thought someone was being attacked.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep - back home in Kenya for the WCL.

One thing I was not impressed with was the rendition of 'flower of Scotland' after the match. The boys may be able to play cricket, but they sure as hell can't sing :laugh:
Our security guard in the media area thought someone was being attacked.
:lol: :laugh: :laugh: