• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC World Cricket League

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think Ireland and Scotland are a long way infront of the rest IMO. Canada have imported well so they could cause an upset, but still lack depth. Kenya really don't have much outside Tikolo, a couple half decent old timers and some ok youngsters, but nothing special. Holland don't really have a bowling attack of any note, but RTD is the key if he fires they could push Ireland and Scotland. Bermuda, well they just make up the numbers, got some half decent players that could keep them competitve maybe.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Schiferli is back bowling, which is good.
Jonkman really is a prospect, he's developing nicely getting faster all the time, and really works hard.
I have good hopes for this one.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
don't underestimate Scotland though...

can't believe what everyones problem is with this being ODI's, it's just a name and yes it will count for your ODI average, get over it.
Marc's problem is that he'll have to correct 15 prediction league matches. :D

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Is there a reason why these countries can't play four or five day cricket? You don't have to call it tests, but the experience might be valuable.

Steulen

International Regular
I think Ireland and Scotland are a long way infront of the rest IMO. Canada have imported well so they could cause an upset, but still lack depth. Kenya really don't have much outside Tikolo, a couple half decent old timers and some ok youngsters, but nothing special. Holland don't really have a bowling attack of any note , but RTD is the key if he fires they could push Ireland and Scotland. Bermuda, well they just make up the numbers, got some half decent players that could keep them competitve maybe.
I agree the bowling is the weak spot, but Schiferli, Jonkman, Reekers, RTD and filling in by the likes of Borren and Van Bunge is potentially a very decent attack at top associate level.

As I understand it, in Jonkman the Dutch finally have a bowler faster than military medium, although he's still very young and raw. Just give him a few years to mature...oh wait...

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
so you reckon the other test nations shouldn't bother with playing these Minnows?
that's basically what your saying, and to spread the word of international cricket, you need these minnows to compete with the test teams.
yes they will whitewash them, but it will give all minnows the extra touch to perform better.
No, you slightly missunderstand me. I am not saying that Bangladesh should not play the associates at all, far from it. I just can't see the value of having a series that gives the associates a chance of winning something meaningful and then placing one of the bigger fish into it. There is also the risk of Bangladesh spending too long playing these sides, which isn't what is really required at the moment.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Theres a lot of merit in bangla playing the scots, irish and dutch in europe. It would give them vital expierience of alien conditions and prepare them for the tests of touring england in future. Tours the other way round just dont work, as shown by the scotland series last month, those tours should be against a teams and such. Its certainly an idea to have internationals played in the country who are the weakest and have tours against a sides when they play away. A lot less drubbings and lots of competitiveness.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Im not saying ive seen a great amount of these teams, but based on the very little I know, Ive got the feeling Ireland will take this. Then I am predicting Canada to finish 3rd

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Kenya
Ireland
Scotland
Netherlands
Bermuda
Canada

As to Kenya not having much outside Tikolo, take a look at their batting card from the first ODI vs Scotland...

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
A bit harsh to compare England and Scotland considering they haven't played an ODI recently. Mind you compare their batting over the last few ODIs played and at least England would be better than someone...

At the moment, the only yardstick we can really judge the Associates on is the one provided by the few matches between them so far - one of the reasons the WCL is such an important tournament to guage who is really setting the benchmark.

The World Cup will give us a better idea of where they are at compared to the Test sides, but until then, we will have to make do with what we've got.

TikoBestAssoPla

Cricket Spectator
Wow!!!!! Kenya finally face an overrated Scotland and tears them to shreds:laugh: with Tikolo scoring only 1 run and set the scottish a mammoth target that they never reached.Bowling will be the key to win in mombasa with the pitch favouring batting, Kenya having the upper hand in the bowling department thus Odoyo, Ongondo and Varaiya are key to Kenyas success.I dint think we would have won by this huge margin but voila! an easy win at the end though its too early to celebrate, Anything can happen.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Couldn't help but notice that Hamilton kept wicket in the last match. Has he ever done that before at county level?

Also, why the hell did Poonia (sp?) bat so low in that game for Scotland?