Thread: CW awards for the first week of 2007

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar

CW awards for the first week of 2007

Congratulations to the following:

silentstriker 8,000
    Matteh 7,000
    adharcric 6,000
    PhoenixFire 2,000

Thanks to Pasag who is filling in for Alternative. And thanks also to Marc for doing the awards for the last couple of weeks, perfomed grandly. Will things quieten down now the Ashes are over? Only time will tell

Just the Greigy to go in the annual awards, should be up soon

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
    Marc (awards judge)
    Dravid (Agarkar, Sir Geoffrey, and Sobers)
    Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
    Nightprowler10 (Warne and Bradman)
    Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Sir Geoffrey, Sobers or AA awards this week, please let Dravid know, you can contact him at nnindia at hotmail dot com

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Afridi or Hussey awards this week, please let adharcric know, you can contact him at adhar at berkeley dot edu

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Warne or Bradman awards this week, please let nightprowler10 know, you can contact him at usmangreat@hotmail.com

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Nnanden for this click here A well written post, it should be remembered that most fans on CW do not wish harm to the umpires when they make abusive remarks in the heat of the moment after a poor decision, it’s merely a way of letting off steam and frustration. Anyone who has ever stood as an umpire will realise what a tough job it can be.

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is James90 for this click here , it seems I almost won the Warney this week, but in the end the better thread takes the title. Maybe law changes would be a good subject for the live chat

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Jono click here I predicted he would be Aust. Best bowler during the Ashes battles

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Silent Striker , Averaging around a thousand posts a week, and visits just about every thread on CW

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: adharcric click here This is a cruel award, I thought they were in the box seat after the first innings

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Matteh for this click here How can they not save the game and not lose?

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Matt79 , Top stuff this week, all quality posts (well almost)

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: No award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
    just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Dravid for this click here Dravid did not submit his nominations this week, so here is an award for being naughty

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
    Evermind A new poster, who has started off well with some good posts in the SA V India thread

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: We enjoyed the debate generated by the long wait after Jaffer’s dismissal in the Cape Town Test

***NEW*** - Saj Award for best rant of the week (following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves: And the Winner is: Will Scarlet for this click here I tend to agree with WS on this one; batters indeed

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management
    You know it makes sense.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Thanks for the award.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Once again, inconceivable... Anyways congrats to all the winners.

Quote Originally Posted by archie mac
    Anyone who has ever stood as an umpire will realise what a tough job it can be.
    Definitely.
    The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Silent Striker , Averaging around a thousand posts a week, and visits just about every thread on CW
    Well done SS, you freak of nature.
    Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: adharcric click here This is a cruel award, I thought they were in the box seat after the first innings
    That wasn't even a prediction. Oh well, I'll take whatever I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Once again, inconceivable... Anyways congrats to all the winners.
    Oh ****, I was going to nominate you for a Skull. Totally forgot.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric View Post
    Oh ****, I was going to nominate you for a Skull. Totally forgot.
    You son of a... ... Haha, it's alright thanks anyways. There's always next week .

Congrats to all the winners
    Member of CW Black
    Goalkeeper for the Northside Power
    NZI Manager in WCC

once again mises out.....the day i get another award!!

Top post Patrick!

Well done to all winners
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Ah-maze-ing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Dover 1's Avatar
    I'm new to this forum but I want to convey my congrats to all the winners

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dover 1 View Post
    I'm new to this forum but I want to convey my congrats to all the winners
    Nice to have you on the best cricket forum in the world, welcome, hope we see more of your quality posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
    once again mises out.....the day i get another award!!
    Jeez mate, you've had 668 posts and lucky to have one. I've had 994 and still have'nt got one.... Not that i deserve one.
    Last edited by luffy; 07-01-2007 at 09:40 PM. Reason: I actually do

Banned
    Well done to all award winners

Urgh damn. I was going to email you but I forgot.

I wanted to let you know I won't be a part of team any longer because I'm going back to US that week and I probably won't be on CW as much as I am right now to hand out awards.

BTW my 4000 posts were missed this week and last week lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information