• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Annual Awards - Greigy

Best of 2006 - Greigy (Worst Prediction)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adharcric

International Coach
Below we have the five worst predictions of the year (accompanied by little blurbs), as judged by archie mac; he has done a great job with his selections.
We want you to vote for the best, simple. :)

Prince EWS - Symonds goes on to 150 ...
I don't think Symonds is going to last long regardless of what he does, because he is rubbish.
Ed - They declared just after this prediction ...
They'll bat as long as Gilchrist keeps going like this, he's got a chance to break Astle's record at this rate.
andyc (his other famous prediction never actually won an award, it only received special mention) - Dizzy goes on to make 200, in his last Test innings?
And play's started. Cricinfo says that the sun is shining through the clouds, so hopefully we'll get a full (or close enough) day's play in. If this weather keeps up, Australia's pretty much going to have to go for an innings victory, or at least a very small final innings chase, so they'll probably need around 400-450+ to ensure that they'll be able to win in time.

On an unrelated note, it'll be interesting to see how much Gillespie gets here. I'm gonna say he'll make about 38, off say 150 balls, but he won't make his fifty.
Sanz - Well history shows they did not quite achieve it ...
As usual Tendulkar takes India into the final, I am sure we will beat WI to win the DLF cup.
Pasag - This was from the ICC CT where the Windies defeated Australia ...
This will come down to the wire, but with Hussey and Clarke yet to come, this match is ours.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Prince EWS here although I can't believe Cameron's Mick Lewis one was never given an award. It was basically the perfect Greigy.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
EWS for me too.

Sanz's post is clearly sarcastic and never should have won a Greig award in the first place.

adharcric

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Sanz's post is clearly sarcastic and never should have won a Greig award in the first place.
Yup, but we all know about Archie's sense of humor ...

archie mac

International Coach
Yup, but we all know about Archie's sense of humor ...
In my defence, I did mention in the awards post, that this was T in C

I was looking for the one where someone said Langer was finished and he then blasted a triple ton, but could not find it :@

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
In my defence, I did mention in the awards post, that this was T in C

I was looking for the one where someone said Langer was finished and he then blasted a triple ton, but could not find it :@
That was howardj. He was arguing that Langer's place in the team should be in question, and quoted his record for Somerset for the season, which was an average of 20 or so from one match. In the next match he scored 300.

archie mac

International Coach
That was howardj. He was arguing that Langer's place in the team should be in question, and quoted his record for Somerset for the season, which was an average of 20 or so from one match. In the next match he scored 300.

Looks like it never won an award either:unsure:

Matt79

Global Moderator
I voted for Saggers, then realised I should have voted for AndyC for his repeated Greigy prowess - even if the wrong post is shortlisted, he's the deserving winner...

adharcric

International Coach
Looks like PrinceEWS is the top Greigy of 2006. The best way to avoid another Mick prediction missing out is for you guys to nominate worthy posts when you see them.
Not that hard tbh. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not really - I don't think I've had any real suggestions for any of my awards in the 9 months or so they've been going.

The problem is people are now far too careful with what they say.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What happened to the thread that linked to all awards winners? Just out of interest

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nothing from this or any of the next ten pages 8-)

I seriously cannot believe that there was 10 pages worth of discussion (read commentary) over a single game, even one that topsy-turvy.

Either way, there were some gems in there (Colin, Andy) and none are mentioned?