• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bedroom cricket

Dover 1

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Prerequisites;- 1 bedroom (of course)
2 individuals (1 batter , 1 bowler)
1 sheet of newspaper rolled into a ball and kept together with tape

THer are no fielders as we are in a confined space. There are no stumps .An important thing to remember is that the only scoring shot is a six (so you have to go over the top always:laugh: 0. You use your palm as the bat.

So how does a batsman get out?
Here is the trick;- The walls of the room ,including the ceiling are divided into sections or parishes or states very similar to that of a geographical map. Certain sections are then designated as "get out areas" If the batsman strikes the ball and it hits one of these get out areas , he's out.

An innings last 2 overs (12 balls)

Your aim as a batsman is to score as many runs as you can as quickly as you can in 12 balls without hitting any of the get out areas.

NB:- One can also be out caught by the bowler who as you will remember is the only other person playing. :laugh: This usually happens by sheer accident though

Since the areas on the wall are to be no bigger than 1 foot square it is sheer joy trying to miss those get out areas

:laugh: Have fun playing:laugh:

Last edited:

Dover 1

Believe me guys , this bedroom cricket thing is not something I made up just to have something to talk about.
It all started when i was about 8 years old. At that time I had a cousin who was only 2 months older than I was . Unfortunately we could only see each other on Saturdays and Sundays when we spent alternate weekends at each other's house. And since we both loved cricket as much as we did,we just conceptualised the bebroom cricket as we had a curfew at 8pm. As youngsters still full of energy even after playing outdoors for much of the day, we could not get enough of the game called cricket:laugh:

Please note that I have loved cricket all my life. My dear departed dad gave me my first miniature cricket set when I was only 4 years old. I have played competitive cricket from 9 years old for my prep school. I have reached 1st division level in my career . At 44 years of age now I am quite contented in the 2nd division for my club Dover. At this level I can still play competitively, but I am allowed to enjoy a beer or two during the game, and :laugh: a case or two after:laugh:

Stumped

Banned
Were your rules similar to the ones i used in my bedroom as a kid Stumped ?
sorta....but its just a variation of living room cricket, u could have just posted it in living room cricket rather than opening a new thread

shortpitched713

International Captain
I can imagine that many an international star has developed through study of the subtle art that is bedroom cricket. 8-)

Probably everyone who is an addict of cricket has played a variation of this game at some time. My favorite tools are a ruler and a bouncy ball, but to each his own.

Stumped

Banned
I can imagine that many an international star has developed through study of the subtle art that is bedroom cricket. 8-)

Probably everyone who is an addict of cricket has played a variation of this game at some time. My favorite tools are a ruler and a bouncy ball, but to each his own.
when we play cricket in the house we use a super soft ball about the size of a tennis ball and a signature bat

Matt79

Global Moderator
Just read this thread after seeing the title. Disappointed beyond words to be honest...

Dover 1

I agree 713,our friend probably thought it was one of those threads.
:-O Sorry matt, maybe next time:laugh:

readie

State Regular
I used to play hallway cricket with a signature bat and a table tennis ball. We used a shoe box for stumps.

1-9-7-7

International Regular
Tech Graph Cricket.

Variation I used to/still play when possible...

Technical Graphics Cricket:
As many people as you want can play.
2 balled up A4 pieces sellotaped tight.
Wicket is the token broken T-square in between a stool (two stool legs are the other stumps)
Normal T-square as a bat.

To score it was if it went far enough without hitting another table, 6, if it went far enough with hitting a table or the ground, 4.
Can be caught out, limitless innings.
Rain Stops Play when the teacher actually bothers to turn around and notice whats happening.