• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Waqar Younis Resigns!!!

godofcricket

State 12th Man
LAHORE: Former captain and bowler Waqar Younis resigned saturday from Pakistan Cricket Board as a bowling coach of national team.

He has recently arrived here from hajj.

Talking to Geo News, Waqar Younis said that he has apprised Dr Naseem Ashraf of his decision regarding resignation from the team, adding he said that he would resign formally on Monday.

He said he was told that he would accompany the team only for the tests; while before the one dayer series, he would be called back home.

"According to my reckoning, it is better for me, team and the board that I should now give resignation from my office at PCB," Waqar Younis added.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
^^ Haha, Dravid, I was gonna say the same thing. India should really seize this oppurtunity.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sure if India wanted, there would be plenty of candidates. What are his coaching qualifications? How many people has he coached successfully?
Well whatever, we really do need a good bowling coach. We have the money to sign the best in the business, but why do they keep refusing to?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Allen Iverson is a great player, doesn't necessarily mean he would be a good coach. They are two separate things.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Along with a bowling coach, I think we need to show Jonty the big bucks in order to lure him to India.

Dravid

International Captain
Because I doubt he will leave his own country when he isn't having a problem there.

tbh I think more than half the people on CW could field better than Munaf

Beleg

International Regular
Not all great players are good coaches. I guess Waqar is among that lot. No big deal.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
indian board wont sign any extra coaches ie fielding bowling etc because they are stingy no wonder they are so rich....no really though if the indian board can give money to other athletes from other sports who they think will win the gold medal(and why would they give money to other sports anyway?not their job) why cant they spend the money right and hire some extra coaches?