• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

To all NZers

Kimbo

International Debutant
If you have that free "summer of cricket" guide to the season thingie that came with the paper the other day then goto the last section where it talks about the State teams, look at Auckland where it starts talking about the Hearts... bottom paragraph.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Can u also please type out what it says about the Magicians??? I don't get Auckland paper.. only CHCH stuff

Kimbo

International Debutant
you aren't mentioned in the magicians bit tamara. they didnt get in depth. the auckland one was very thorough.
Auck:
"The State Auckland Hearts will also introduce some exciting young talent this season in sixteen-year-old legspinner, Kim Fraser and twenty year old batsman, Rosamond Kember, previously performing with distinction for Auckland at age group level."
hehe ros is 17 but thats not the point.

i will quote magicians for you tamara.. not very interesting though.
"The State Canterbury Magicians are in the process of rebuilding whilst attempting to live up to the amazing record fashioned by their predecessors in the representative team.
They reached the final of the State League last season and are looking to go one better this time around."
by the way thats not likely. go auckland!

Kimbo

International Debutant
OK found a good bit on tamara on the canterbury website.

"The squad includes two TelstraClear White Fern representatives, Haidee Tiffen and Nicola Payne, while England top order batsman Claire Taylor, Rowan Milburn (formerly from Otago), and Tamara Gould are new faces to the squad.

Gould, a promising young batsman, has already featured with the bat regularly this season in the women's first grade competition. Gould travels three hours from Lake Tekapo to play in the Christchurch club competition and has been a solid performer for Lancaster Park/Woolston."

nice!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
:):):):) very nice tamara, i wish a web site would give my cricket ability a wrap like that (it would help if i was good;))

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats great to hear.

Thats now 3 of us who have represented our city or province although mine was indoor cricket for Auckland at the nationals.

Its good to see some cricketweb members achieving.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
the team has 14 at the moment.. One more goes on monday.. keep your fingers crossed please

Kimbo

International Debutant
Yea well I have been told that I will probably be given another season of under 21s before I play for the Hearts. I can understand that- I have only been bowling leggies for 2 seasons (into my third now) and it takes time and a hell of a lot of bowling time to master the art.
The selectors said they were afraid that I might lose confidence if they put me in too early. They basically told me they didnt know how to handle a young legspinner.