• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

adharcric

International Coach
1st ODI - Pune
8 February

2nd ODI - Rajkot
11 February

3rd ODI - Goa
14 February

4th ODI - Visakhapatnam
17 February

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yet another 4 match series, I assume that the BCCI is to blame since they are hosting this tour? Probably going to be 2-2 again but I hope Tharanga and Maharoof perform well for Sri Lanka and that Muralitharan get's smashed around the park.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Yet another 4 match series, I assume that the BCCI is to blame since they are hosting this tour? Probably going to be 2-2 again but I hope Tharanga and Maharoof perform well for Sri Lanka and that Muralitharan get's smashed around the park.
Given India's home advantage, SL will be lucky if we get 2-2 . I would be happy with 3-1 to India as long as SL batsmen show some form, and the squad is right with all selected for the World Cup getting into some form, and the Team shows spirit and fight and gives a good account in all the ODIs .

Despite your wishes, I will be surprised if Murali has a bad series, given he always enjoys bowling in India in ODIs.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/story/274441.html

Slightly amused at the SL selectors picking Arnold again.:mellow:

But still no room for the 2 Nuwan's . Nuwan Zoysa and Nuwan Kulasekera .

Sri Lanka: Mahela Jayawardene (capt), Kumar Sangakkara (vice-capt, wk), Sanath Jayasuriya, Upul Tharanga, Marvan Atapattu, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Chamara Kapugedera, Chamara Silva, Chaminda Vaas, Lasith Malinga, Ruchira Perera, Malinga Bandara, Dilhara Fernando, Muttiah Muralitharan, Farveez Maharoof, Gayan Wijekoon, Russell Arnold, Malinda Warnapura, Upul Chandana, Avishka Gunawardene.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
And that man Avishka Gunawardene - makes his appearance on the squad list again. Don't count him out of a Caribbean holliday paid up by SL Cricket come the World Cup, thanks to some dumb selectors .:laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Ruchira Perera is absolute waste in the SL squad , IMO .

SL really has no backup bowlers .... and the bowling back up options should someone get injured prior to Crucial World Cup games is very very poor or non existent.:mellow:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Avishka Gunawardene and Russel Arnold are both very strange selections, two experienced players who have never really done thast well for Sri Lanka but keep re-appearing. I have no idea why the Sri Lankan selectors would choose a 20 man squad for just the 4 ODI's, hopefully they cut it down to 16 or something.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Malinga vs. Tendulkar will be awesome. I reckon one player will dominate the other, either way.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am hopeful that SL selectors will play Warnapura in one of the ODIs in India. But am not sure how he will fit into the SL world cup 15 . May be a little too late to trial someone before the World Cup.

Upul Chandana may be a reasonable consideration but am not sure if the SL World Cup 15 can accomodate both Chandana and Bandara.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I am hopeful that SL selectors will play Warnapura in one of the ODIs in India. But am not sure how he will fit into the SL world cup 15 . May be a little too late to trial someone before the World Cup.

Upul Chandana may be a reasonable consideration but am not sure if the SL World Cup 15 can accomodate both Chandana and Bandara.
No, I'd go with Bandara as well. Where is Warnapura going to bat though? Jayasuriya and Tharanga are dead set for the World Cup, so presumably he can only play as a reserve top-order bat.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Jayasuriya and Tharanga are a really good opening partnership. Both play their shots, and can destroy bowling attacks.