• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

pup11

International Coach
Are you kidding me against such weak bowling attacks if sachin is going to perform like this, then how can you call him "Bradman's clone".

JustTool

State 12th Man
Are you kidding me against such weak bowling attacks if sachin is going to perform like this, then how can you call him "Bradman's clone".
Thank you ! For bringing some sanity to the bunch of juvenile denizens who occupy this board and whose sycophancy makes one feel sorry for their empty lives :wacko:

JustTool

State 12th Man
Did you just compare a cricketer to corrupt politicians? :laugh:
Sorry - didn;t mean to insult the corrupt politicians. Just go worship the Tendulkar picture in your bedroom. Thsi is the WORST bowling you will ever see and the genius couldn;t handle it. Again !

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He scored 200+ runs over his last 3 matches before this :dry:

So people are going to come out of the woodwork every time he makes a single figure score are they?

pup11

International Coach
When both yuvraj and vaughan virtually have the same knee problems, and we all can see how badly vaughan struggles after every game so can the same thing happen with yuvraj(he is younger than vaughan so that would surely help).

pup11

International Coach
Jono, we are not talking about some average odi batsman here who can be satisfied with those 200+ runs, he is sachin one of the best batsman ever so where is that consistecy in his performances then. And those 200+ runs were more than due look at his record before that its pretty poor.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So what do you want him to do? Score 80+ every ODI match he plays? By all means criticise his test record of the last few years, but he's doing fine in ODIs. He's not as consistent as Ponting, Hussey, Pietersen, Yousuf etc. anymore in ODI cricket, but that doesn't mean he's past it or shouldn't be in the team.

And people made comparisonsto Bradman (actually Bradman did himself) when he was in his prime, not when he's 34 years old after 17 years of int'l cricket and several injuries.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Since Ganguly's return to int'l cricket, he has made:

ODIs:
98, 13, 68, 62 and 40* (in the current game)

Tests:
51*, 25, 0, 26, 66, 46

I'll take that Sourav. Made a great return, particularly in ODIs which is his forte.

JustTool

State 12th Man
So what do you want him to do? Score 80+ every ODI match he plays? By all means criticise his test record of the last few years, but he's doing fine in ODIs. He's not as consistent as Ponting, Hussey, Pietersen, Yousuf etc. anymore in ODI cricket, but that doesn't mean he's past it or shouldn't be in the team.

And people made comparisonsto Bradman (actually Bradman did himself) when he was in his prime, not when he's 34 years old after 17 years of int'l cricket and several injuries.
Firstly he was dropped in those innings. Secondly he just cannot win matches for India - couldn;t even in his best days. His days as captain were the most dpressing for Indian cricket. And lastly just look the non-existent footwork when he got bowled in this match. He is Done ! Stick a fork in him.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Since Ganguly's return to int'l cricket, he has made:

ODIs:
98, 13, 68, 62 and 40* (in the current game)

Tests:
51*, 25, 0, 26, 66, 46

I'll take that Sourav. Made a great return, particularly in ODIs which is his forte.
He is a legend :thumbsup:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hey Tool, I know you quoted and replied my post, but you're on my ignore list so I don't really give a **** what you typed.

:)

alternative

cricinfo said:
Yuvraj must be love playing with Ganguly. In 2001 when he was dropped from the squad he went to score a ton in the domestic game. And he said, then ""He congratulated me and told me not to lose hope. Getting dropped is a part of life. He also stated that if I performed, I would definitely be called back," informed Yuvraj. Then he added, "The way Sourav has supported me during my bad times is unthinkable. I am ready to die for such a captain."
Gun statement that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can someone getting coverage of game please give me some insight as to how Kulasekara has bowled? I know he bowled Tendulkar (chopped on) off what seems to be a shocker of a shot, but can anyone tell me anything else?

JustTool

State 12th Man
Hey Tool, I know you quoted and replied my post, but you're on my ignore list so I don't really give a **** what you typed.

:)
For someone who is ignoring me you sure spend a lot of time posting to me. Well, as long as you are able to fool yourself and have fun...:laugh:

alternative

FFS Ganguly just misses out another 50, its up to Dravid now to stay at the crease and play a lengthy innings.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well done Rahul, has made himself into a great ODI player through sheer will and hard work. Should hopefully end his career with a ODI average > 40 alongside Sachin and Sourav.