• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India

adharcric

International Coach
1st ODI - Nagpur
21 January

2nd ODI - Cuttack
24 January

3rd ODI - Chennai
27 January

4th ODI - Vadodara
30 January

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Have never been a fan of even number of matches in a one day series. Makes no sense.

Dravid

International Captain
I hate the fact that there is not one match in Delhi. Oh well won't be in Delhi when they come round anyway

adharcric

International Coach
These matches virtually serve as pre-World Cup trials that allow these teams (particularly India) to work out the ideal combination.
Given that, the even number of matches isn't a significant problem.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Providing the West Indies have a full strength lineup.

2-2.

West Indies go 1-0 up.
India come back with the next 2.
West Indies win the 4th.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gayle to pound us into the ground again, regardless of win/loss ratio.

He always belts India, whether it be in real life or International Cricket Captain. I always rejoice when I get him out, had to create my own customary field titled "Stop Gayle" to try and counter the great man.

Mr Mxyzptlk

He always belts India, whether it be in real life or International Cricket Captain. I always rejoice when I get him out, had to create my own customary field titled "Stop Gayle" to try and counter the great man.
Go around the wicket and bowl and on the stumps.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I don't like the even number of matches in ODIs idea.

Anyways, if it is pitches like CT, India lose 3-1. If normal Indian pitches, India win 4-0.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yeah I don't like the even number of matches in ODIs idea.

Anyways, if it is pitches like CT, India lose 3-1. If normal Indian pitches, India win 4-0.
West Indies beat India 4-3 on normal Indian pitches the last time we toured. And this team is clearly superior. Definitely better bowling.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm tempted to go for a 2-2 series and I think it will end up how Liam described it earlier, which is a shame because the even amount of matches in this series is quite disappointing. Hopefully one of the games is fully rained out so we can actually get a series winner. Is Yuvraj Singh going to be back for India?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's the thing, knee injuries take so long to heal fully and quite often they never do and you have a niggling injury for the rest of your life. But hopefully he get's himself fit and ready to go for this series.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
why are they having 4 odi's instead of 5 or 3? and why no tests? if they wanted to have some more odi's before the world cup they should have hosted a tri series instead of a deformed series like this

adharcric

International Coach
Virender Sehwag should surely be dropped. Ganguly would be a decent replacement, but Robin Uthappa should get a look in as well.
He's the leading run-scorer this season in the Ranji Trophy with an average of 66 and strike rate of 78. Gambhir is another one but Uthappa might be a better one-day option.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Virender Sehwag should surely be dropped. Ganguly would be a decent replacement, but Robin Uthappa should get a look in as well.
He's the leading run-scorer this season in the Ranji Trophy with an average of 66 and strike rate of 78.
Karthik better be included as well.

Anyone know when they are announcing it?

adharcric

International Coach
I have no idea what they have planned for Raina, Kaif and Mongia. Raina deserved to be dropped but he's scoring runs in domestic cricket again. Kaif is generally a regular in the one-day side but he might be dropped now. Mongia should've been tried out in South Africa but he wasn't and he hasn't done anything in domestic cricket of late.

Robin Uthappa and Joginder Sharma should get call-ups IMO. Yuvraj probably isn't ready yet. Ganguly should return as an opener too.