• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India

adharcric

International Coach
Sourav, Uthappa, Gambhir, Sachin, Dravid, Dhoni, Joginder, Harbhajan, Agarkar, Zaheer, Sreesanth

Unless they decide that Dravid or Sachin has to bat at 3 and play Raina. The fielding will be a worry with such a side, but Uthappa and Gambhir are apparently pretty good, so let's hope things will work out.
Dravid will probably bat at 3 with Sachin to follow at 4. Yuvraj is slated to take over at 5 when he returns, but I think we'll see either Raina or Karthik in that spot right now.
honestbharani said:
Maybe they will drop Agarkar and play the extra batter in Raina or Kaarthick. It will help the batting and fielding for sure, but it would mean ten overs from Ganguly, Sachin, Raina and Uthappa. It will be interesting to see what combination India goes in with.
Considering Sehwag, Yuvraj and Mongia (our primary part-time options of late) are all missing out, they won't play six batsmen.
In fact, they may drop Agarkar for Powar (far superior batsman) if we get a turning track at Nagpur.
honestbharani said:
BTW, is this a day game or d/n game?
1st one is a day game, 2nd one is a day/night game.

R_D

International Debutant
Gambhir and Ganguly set to open. I think they might go in with 5 bowlers in this match and see what Ramesh Powar's batting is like. He's meant to be bit of an all-rounder.
Karthick will miss out.
This will be the lineup i think.. I thought they might have given Joginder Shrama a chance in this match but oh well.

Gambhir
Ganguly
Dravid
Sachin
Raina
Dhoni
Powar
Agarkar
Harbhjan
Srresanth
Zaheer

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Can someone answer a question for me?

I know Ajit Agarkar is a pretty terrible batsman compared to other 'All Rounders' in the game, but why does he bat at 9 and 10 and so on. He isn't 'that' bad is he?

adharcric

International Coach
He's supposed to be good enough to bat at 7 or 8 but he performs like a 9 or 10. That's why. Powar and Harbhajan actually score runs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Powar hasn't actually done much with the bat for India. He's not failed, but he's not had the chance to score runs, let alone scored them.

adharcric

International Coach
True. Powar hasn't gotten too many opportunities but he's far superior to Agarkar with the bat. He's the only bowler apart from Pathan and Sharma who can realistically bat at 7.

adharcric

International Coach
Taylor straying on the pads far too much in his first over.

EDIT: Taylor gets owned in his first over.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
He was virtually staring straight ahead at the ball until Bravo was a few feet to his right. You need to have some spatial awareness out there.

adharcric

International Coach
The next 15 overs are very crucial for Indian cricket. The slowness of this pitch is exactly what you'll get in the WC and the Gayle-Samuels pair has spelled trouble in the past.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pump that ODI average up Ganguly, fell a bit too much in 04/05.

So happy for Gambhir, been backing his ODI selection for a while (like others). I turned him into a gun in International Cricket Captain (ODI average of 44), can't see why it can't happen in real life :p