• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats wrong with Srinath???

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is bowling very poorly lately, on top he has lost pace and is bowling very slowly.Is it the End of the legendary bowler???

I think it would be a good idea to bring back Prasad, to team up with Ajit and Nehra now that Khan is not available.

masterblaster

International Captain
No Prasad is crap and old, he would not solve the problem at all. He bowls at about 120-130 kph which is pretty medium pace.

I would personally like to see young 18 year old Irfan Pathan and 21 year old Lakshmi Balaji included into the squad. Those two are the best young Indian fast bowlers I have seen in a while.

If not Thiru Kumaran, Subroto Banerjee, Debashish Mohanty, Harvinder Singh, Tinu Yohannan are all much better choices than Prasad.

Well Prasad was always a medium pacer to begin with, i won't call him crap, he was effective in his prime, but now he's old !

Irfan and Balaji are rookies, i don't think India should experiment with inexperianced pacers in a tour like WC, and if they wanna do that then they should have been made to play atleast 10-15 onedayers b/f the cup.

Of them all, i would say that India should try out Kumaran & Mohanty.

As for Nath, yeah he's getting old but i think he will still be very usefull in the WC

Originally posted by masterblaster
Well Glenn McGrath was once a rookie too!
But did he started his career with his first match being a WC tie??

I'm not against giving the youngsters a chance BUT whoever represents India must have some experiance of International cricket otherwise such a move can be counter productive.I mean can you expect such inexperianced bowler bowling the last ten overs of a important match of WC? they can cost India the match purely on the basis of their inexperiance!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Whats wrong with Srinath?..there's nothing wrong with Srinath!, its Kumble, Nehra & Agarkar who have been taking the punishment.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Yes. Srinath didn't get the wickets, but he has been most economical in high scoring games. which is praise worthy. The suppor tbowlers have been giving it away every single time.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing is wrong with Srinath. He is aging and over-the-hill and still putting on a better show than the young pacers in the Indian team. Talk about a pathetic situation!!:rolleyes:

masterblaster

International Captain
Well Lakshmipathy Balaji got included in the ODI squad, fantastic call by the Indian Selectors!!!! (for once!)

Choora

State Regular
From Tamil Nadu with love!!

Indian selectors have finally decided to unleash the secret deadly weapon in "Lakshmipathy Balaji".The guy is a 21 year old genuine fast bowler who has done extremely well in domestic cricket.Now the guy is all set to shine at international level and give Indian cricket team the lean mean aggressive look.

So guys look out for Nov the 15th, Balaji is the guy that is gonna give the Indian bowling attack a new deadly look!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Has he played Tests then - don't recognise the name, do recognise Kartik though from him being insanely good on ICC.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
The question should be whats wrong with the indian bowlers and i dont Srinath alone should be blamed for that because actually he has been the better bowler on the Indian side.
Why dont we look at the best all rounder in the world Agarkar, what is he doing? :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by CricketGuru
The question should be whats wrong with the indian bowlers and i dont Srinath alone should be blamed for that because actually he has been the better bowler on the Indian side.
Why dont we look at the best all rounder in the world Agarkar, what is he doing? :lol:
Srinath has almost become an all-rounder after his exploits with the bat lately...I've never seen him score so consistantly...:O

Right now he's out of the team because Indian selectors want to experiment a bit.
Though he will be right back for the World cup.

And you won't be laughing so much when Ajit will take on your team:frog:

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by ajaagarkarajaaja
And you won't be laughing so much when Ajit will take on your team:frog:
Well man dream on all i remember is that Agarkar being hit all around the ground when ever he has tried to bowl against Pakistan and not scoring much against Pakistan either. :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Things arn't going well for our hero...his bowling average, like his age, is only going up and his face quite often resembles a smacked bottom :lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by Rik
Things arn't going well for our hero...his bowling average, like his age, is only going up and his face quite often resembles a smacked bottom :lol::lol::lol:
I agree on that, problem is that he can't always get to play against a crap bowling side like England:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by ajaagarkarajaaja
Originally posted by Rik
I agree on that, problem is that he can't always get to play against a crap bowling side like England:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Your forgetting that England basically smashed him around the grounds in the Natwest Series last summer, and he averaged over 50 in the test series...also against England...

And you are forgetting that i was talking about his batting!! He came up with a century, a lone one, and only against a crap team like England.

And this team was supposed to give Australian team a tuff time.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.