• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

sledging?!

nicster

Cricket Spectator
Hi there,

found this pretty funny site

http://www.slashes.com.au/index.cfm?week=5

If you can please vote for me
My entry is

Who spends the most time on the crease of anyone in the English team? The person who ironed the cricket whites!!

Sledge posted by nicster at 12:23 Thursday, 04 Jan 2007

Always wanted to go to the cricket in England at Lords.

help me if you can

cheers

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who spends the most time on the crease of anyone in the English team? The person who ironed the cricket whites!!

Sledge posted by nicster at 12:23 Thursday, 04 Jan 2007
Are they meant to be original? Cause that one's not...

Some of the sledges on the leaderboard are truly baffling though:

Number 6- "To Duncan Fletcher You Are The Best Selector Ever - FOR US!"
Number 9- "What more is to be said? English cricket is now dead. After more than 100 years, you should realise your fears and go running like Freddie's tears, you can't rely on Cook so have a fun trip home reading the HOW TO PLAY CRICKET BOOK"

Hard to go past this one though when voting: "im a pom and im a homosexual"

Edit: Just submitted one: "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. England sucks." :thumbsup:

Last edited:

PottedMustard

Cricket Spectator
Rod Marsh
When Ian Botham strode to the crease in an Ashes test, he was unaware Rod Marsh was about to enter them both into cricketing folklore. While taking guard, Botham copped this one from Marsh: "So how's your wife and my kids?"

Why does Beefy's supposed riposte to this sledge never get published? "Wife's fine, kids a bit ********"

Stumped

Banned
Rod Marsh
When Ian Botham strode to the crease in an Ashes test, he was unaware Rod Marsh was about to enter them both into cricketing folklore. While taking guard, Botham copped this one from Marsh: "So how's your wife and my kids?"

Why does Beefy's supposed riposte to this sledge never get published? "Wife's fine, kids a bit ********"
yep yep all been heard before

Johnners

hahaha 4th on the leaderboard is legendary... the 1st is hardly original

Last edited:

PottedMustard

Cricket Spectator
redballs sledge posted at 13:09 Thursday, 21 Dec 2006
you're suppose to catch the ball aren't you? Howzat! ;)

This got 1,500 votes???

social

Not a sledge but I got a laugh out of it nonetheless

At school today, each member of Little Johnny's class had to give a speech describing what their dad did for a living

After the usual fireman, butcher, baker, candlestick maker speeches, it was Little Johnny's turn.

"My dad strips for money at a gay lap-dancing club.

If he likes the guy, he lets him buy the drinks then takes him to a cheap hotel and sleeps with him for more money."

Naturally the teacher is shocked by this and immediately dismisses the class, asking Little Johnny to stay behind.

Upon being asked whether this was true, Little Johnny responds:

"No, he's the captain of the English cricket team but there's no way I'll admit that to anybody."

Last edited:

Stumped

Banned
Not a sledge but I got a laugh out of it nonetheless

At school today, each member of Little Johnny's class had to give a speech describing what their dad did for a living

After the usual fireman, butcher, baker, candlestick maker speeches, it was Little Johnny's turn.

"My dad strips for money at a gay lap-dancing club.

If he likes the guy, he lets him buy the drinks then takes him to a cheap hotel and sleeps with him for more money."

Naturally the teacher is shocked by this and immediately dismisses the class, asking Little Johnny to stay behind.

Upon being asked whether this was true, Little Johnny responds:

"No, he's the captain of the English cricket team but there's no way I'll admit that to anybody."
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LMAO!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

andyc

The same one where Punter had that Crying Game moment with a tranny?
Haha, 5-0 hurts just a little bit then?

...still nobody has aswered my question, how does the slede'o'meter work?
Perhaps the fact that nobody has answered would indicate that we don't know, since it's not our site? Wouldn't be too hard to figure out though, just common sense. Would be based on the most amount of votes, or maybe just the amount of sledges submitted from each country.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
I would say votes. Seeing as you can submit as many sledges as you like, anytime. But it is fairly easy to work out, Stumped.