• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next Commentary Team Captain?

Who will wear the bone?

• Ian Chappel

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Mark Nicholas

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Mark Taylor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Slater

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Ian Healy

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

burr

State Vice-Captain
If it's SoD i'll never watch 9 again. Although I've new found respect for Chappell - walking out when Howard comes in.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nicholas is already the captain of the commentary team. He hosts the opening of the show and the program in the tea break. Richie only commentates these days.

Stumped

Banned
Nicholas is already the captain of the commentary team. He hosts the opening of the show and the program in the tea break. Richie only commentates these days.
the captain of the commentary team wheres the bone, ritchie wears the bone nicholas doesnt

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smashing baby
tbh you've picked probably the 12th mans worst ever impersenation there...

on the topic of the commentary team though...

Nicholas is allready the CCC isn't he? He does all the intro's etc, and is the 1st and last voice we hear on each days play. I'll admit i hated him at first, but he's slowly growing on me, and has vastly improved since last summer afaic.

However, if our mate Mark isn't allready a Shoo-in, i'd be tempted to make Nicholas & Slats co-captains, as they seem the classiest & are going to be round longer than most of the rest of the team.

Josh

International Regular
It will be Nicholas, but I have no idea why we'd get a pom to headline OUR cricket. Makes no sense imo.

Stumped

Banned
tbh you've picked probably the 12th mans worst ever impersenation there...

on the topic of the commentary team though...

Nicholas is allready the CCC isn't he? He does all the intro's etc, and is the 1st and last voice we hear on each days play. I'll admit i hated him at first, but he's slowly growing on me, and has vastly improved since last summer afaic.

However, if our mate Mark isn't allready a Shoo-in, i'd be tempted to make Nicholas & Slats co-captains, as they seem the classiest & are going to be round longer than most of the rest of the team.
ritche's still wearing the bone so he still captain, dont no y he isnt on screen anymore though, maybe he is slowly retiring