• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW South Africa Meet-Up Thread 2007

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I see. Well, that's never been the way we've done the English meetups in recent times, not since 2004 - it's one continuous thread, not different ones for different meetups.

Think it'd work best if SA did it t'same TBH. Makes things that much easier to find.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I see. Well, that's never been the way we've done the English meetups in recent times, not since 2004 - it's one continuous thread, not different ones for different meetups.

Think it'd work best if SA did it t'same TBH. Makes things that much easier to find.
Hmm, how to be polite. You didnt start this thread and you didnt attend the mentioned meet-up and its unlikely you will ever attend any in South Africa.

I will not be attending any more in South Africa and Id like to keep the thread I started seperate from others as it will allow me to reference it without having to go through pages of stuff irrelevant to me and irrelevant to what the thread was formed to address.

This thread was started and given a title and purpose. Id prefer it if you didnt go around arbitrarily trying to change threads that you neither started or were involved with.

EDIT- Just looked and you have the most posts in this thread. How is that possible or even logical?

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmm, how to be polite. You didnt start this thread and you didnt attend the mentioned meet-up and its unlikely you will ever attend any in South Africa.

I will not be attending any more in South Africa and Id like to keep the thread I started seperate from others as it will allow me to reference it without having to go through pages of stuff irrelevant to me and irrelevant to what the thread was formed to address.

This thread was started and given a title and purpose. Id prefer it if you didnt go around arbitrarily trying to change threads that you neither started or were involved with.
OK... didn't realise the subject was so important. :mellow: I apologise if I appear to be trying to divert something somewhere it wasn't intended to go. If it makes you happier, we can have someone delete the posts today and I can start a different thread.
EDIT- Just looked and you have the most posts in this thread. How is that possible or even logical?
There's plenty of posts from non-UK posters in the UK thread. Not all posts are 100% title-topic related, in most threads of any length.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
OK... didn't realise the subject was so important. :mellow: I apologise if I appear to be trying to divert something somewhere it wasn't intended to go. If it makes you happier, we can have someone delete the posts today and I can start a different thread.
Cool, no need to go that far.

Just for a whole new thing with its organisation there should probably be a new thread.

Langeveldt

Soutie
We've already had a 2008 meetup :) And it was bloody cold...

I'll eat my computer if you ever turn up in South Africa, Richard..

Needless to say, June/July or October is probably best for me. I'm still based in the Eastern Cape but willing to travel.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Whats even more annoying is he'll spend an age trying to justify it.. When in all truth it doesn't really matter very much..

Anyway I'm going to pencil in October.. Any suggestions/interest then let me know.. Doesn't have to be cricket related as thats very early in the season.. Neville/Nicole?

Protean

State Regular
Whats even more annoying is he'll spend an age trying to justify it.. When in all truth it doesn't really matter very much..

Anyway I'm going to pencil in October.. Any suggestions/interest then let me know.. Doesn't have to be cricket related as thats very early in the season.. Neville/Nicole?
Sure, depending on exams and where in the country it happens.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
You can stay away from this forum for 6 months and the first thread you read when you come back will have Richard-bashing in it. Don't you guys ever let up?
Back to other forums for me, this is too boring for words.:dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Noooooooo. :mellow:

Seriously Jo, there are many things which resemble "bashing" far more than Kev yesterday.