• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are you looking forward to in 2007 ?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I want to believe you SS, I really do.

But surely winning the World Cup would mask the fact that there are problems with your Test team? ;)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I want to believe you SS, I really do.

But surely winning the World Cup would mask the fact that there are problems with your Test team? ;)
Yea, WC is nice and everything.

But really nothing would match winning or drawing in England, unless we do it in Australia. Same in SA as well. I'll trade you all the world cups you want for that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'll swap you WC87 for our away victory in SA 04-05 ;)

Only kidding. Would only swap THAT victory for one thing. No prizes and all that...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Lara is reportedly retiring from ODIs after the WC to extend his Test career. Good man.
He was supposed to be retiring from ODIs in 2006 too. Then he got the captaincy. I'm not exactly confident in Lara going to England again.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha, beating Australia in test matches...in Australia. Not bigger than rattling of a bit of an ODI streak? Thats ridiculous. Its upto you what you value more, but its not a contest in terms of which is harder.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
He was supposed to be retiring from ODIs in 2006 too. Then he got the captaincy. I'm not exactly confident in Lara going to England again.
I hope he does, I'm in the ballot for tickets for England v WI this year and it would be a shame not to see him one last time.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, beating Australia in test matches...in Australia. Not bigger than rattling of a bit of an ODI streak? Thats ridiculous. Its upto you what you value more, but its not a contest in terms of which is harder.
Winning the WC, honestly, isn't that easy. Let's face it, Australia are destined to win the WC again. And to get past them is, IMO, quite an achievement.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Australia beat you guys in the final.

We lost to you in the semis, and Pakistan lost to Australia.
Right then. It's on, SS I'll give you our 2-1 victory in South Africa, and you can in turn name us the World Champions of 1983.