• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are you looking forward to in 2007 ?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You'd take winning the World Cup over a Test Series victory in Australia?
I'd personally take a series in in SA over a WC, but a lot of people like WC. Winning against Australia in Australia, in my mind, would surpass winning the world cup the next three times, really.

pasag

RTDAS
Not that excited about this year as I was at the start of last year, probably because of the lack of Tests.

I am however looking forward to a month and a half of zero sleep during the World Cup. Will be great. Cricket all night, uni and studying all day (ha, who am I fooling).

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd personally take a series in in SA over a WC, but a lot of people like WC. Winning against Australia in Australia, in my mind, would surpass winning the world cup the next three times, really.
Given the cliche of the Asian obsession with ODIs, it's always good to find a true (ie Test) believer from that part of the world. I couldn't agree more - finally winning in India in 2004 meant a lot more to me than any of our WC victories. Although the 87 win was special, as it was Australia's first tentative step toward recovery after the debacle that was the mid-1980s.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I think we're all looking forward to that - with varying degrees of optimism/dread/smugness.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not that excited about this year as I was at the start of last year, probably because of the lack of Tests.

I am however looking forward to a month and a half of zero sleep during the World Cup. Will be great. Cricket all night, uni and studying all day (ha, who am I fooling).
Yeah its gonna be ridiculous.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lol at you getting ecstatic with a draw in England but referring to a WC win as only good.
You do realise that nobody has won a Test series in England since 2001 don't you? And that since then only India, South Africa and Sri Lanka have escaped with draws (escaped being a bit generous on the home team tbf). It's nothing to turn your nose up at, you know :p

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You do realise that nobody has won a Test series in England since 2001 don't you? And that since then only India, South Africa and Sri Lanka have escaped with draws (escaped being a bit generous on the home team tbf). It's nothing to turn your nose up at, you know :p
Exactly.

PottedMustard

Cricket Spectator
I'm looking forward to a year in which no team, however victimised they might feel, takes matters into their own hands and refuses to come out and play. Realism is not a word I understand.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
No I understand that, and I am not questioning him getting ecstatic over a draw in England... but it's just that WC means so much more to me.