• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia 'A' Side to take on England

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
J.Maher QLD (c)
G.Blewett SA (vc)
S.Clark NSW
M.Clarke NSW
M.Elliott Vic
B.Haddin NSW (wk)
N.Hauritz QLD
M.Love QLD
A.Noffke QLD
M.North WA
B.Williams WA

Looks to be a very very strong side, i think they will belt the Poms....

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
J.Maher QLD (c)
G.Blewett SA (vc)
S.Clark NSW
M.Clarke NSW
M.Elliott Vic
B.Haddin NSW (wk)
N.Hauritz QLD
M.Love QLD
A.Noffke QLD
M.North WA
B.Williams WA

Oh no not Love again ;) but Williams...he hasn't really been impressive...

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
J.Maher QLD (c)
G.Blewett SA (vc)
S.Clark NSW
M.Clarke NSW
M.Elliott Vic
B.Haddin NSW (wk)
N.Hauritz QLD
M.Love QLD
A.Noffke QLD
M.North WA
B.Williams WA

Yep team looks strong..doesn't make much differnce win or lose though, the game is there for pratice and considering Australia A have beaten our touring squad frequently, there isn't much to live up to.

Anyway where did you get that team from, as far as I have seen no team has been announced???

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
*cough* Shane Watcon *cough*

Seriously, it would have been the perfect opportunity to give him a go against a Test side in a FC-type game. Well I think the selectors have made their intentions for him QUITE clear from this; he looks to be pigeonholed as a one-day player only.

Picking Hauritz shows he'll be in the Test side before long.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah he will be the next aussie spinner, though we will have to see how cameron white develops, he looks pretty good too, but he is only 19 or 20

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im on the ACB Mailing list and any releases that come out are automatically mailed to me...

I would have thought Watson was a chance but his form so far this season has been pretty ordinary...
Glad to see Hauritz get a go...
Also a bit dissapointed Bevo missed out, i think he deserves 1 more chance...

But this team will do well...
:D:D:D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
beavn is the black sheep of aussie test cricket, and will not get another go - a shame casue he is an awsome player in both forms of the game, not just one dayers

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Top_Cat
*cough* Shane Watcon *cough*

Seriously, it would have been the perfect opportunity to give him a go against a Test side in a FC-type game. Well I think the selectors have made their intentions for him QUITE clear from this; he looks to be pigeonholed as a one-day player only.
Thats quite strange as he has very poor one day stats and impressive FC stats...which was the reason he was picked for the ODI side in the 1st place...his FC Stats...

Top_Cat

Thats quite strange as he has very poor one day stats and impressive FC stats...which was the reason he was picked for the ODI side in the 1st place...his FC Stats...
And he's indeed a much more accomplished 4-day player than one-day player and he's even said he's less comfortable with the one-day stuff.

Having said that, I reckon he'll be a brilliant Test and One-Day player.

Simon

Matthew Elliott picked in front of Mike Hussey............ give me a break.
Marcus North is an interesting selection as well. He has talent but he hasnt really done enough to be picked for Australia A. Brad Hodge should have been considered before him. The Bowling looks good though.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Marcus North is a great player...

2 REASONS...

1. He saved and then one a Four Dayer last season.
  2. He was picked ahead of me for a school game, therefore he must be good.
  3. He went to my school.

Andre

International Regular
I would have chosen this side:
Maher (c)
Hussey
Love
Clarke
Bevan
Watson
Seccombe
Noffke
Hauritz
Bracken
Williams

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well if we ar epicking sides i would have gone

Hussey
Maher
Bevan
Clarke
Katich
Elliot
Haddin
Hauritz
S Clarke
Bracken
Williams

and cameron white as 12th man, may have also picked Macgill ahead of ahuritz to test out the poms against him

jaspalsinghrana

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This A side looks to be too strong for Poms, better give u-19 side against the English team, you never know England might actually surprise the youngsters:frog:

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cox

Originally posted by age_master
no-one good enough there ;)
Being a Somerset fan, I'd have to say Jamie Cox is good enough although looking at the quality of the Australia A side, deep down that's probably not true. he's had a dismal 2002 in England and has yet to hit his straps down under either.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by jaspalsinghrana

This A side looks to be too strong for Poms, better give u-19 side against the English team, you never know England might actually surprise the youngsters:frog:
They don't want promising youngsters to get their confidence crushed by the great poms :D;) or any to make them sit up and take notice and take the places of the established members of the test team...who they are trying to make feel as comftorble as possible...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by age_master
well if we ar epicking sides i would have gone

Hussey
Maher
Bevan
Clarke
Katich
Elliot
Haddin
Hauritz
S Clarke
Bracken
Williams

and cameron white as 12th man, may have also picked Macgill ahead of ahuritz to test out the poms against him
I dunno why Williams is in there...he hasn't really shone this season and an average of 30 ain't great...and there are better around in my opinion! Anyway...I'm sure England won't complain :D