• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Annual Awards - Skull

Best of 2006 - Skull (Funniest Post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slow Love™

International Captain
Don't mean to insult anybody, but some strange choices, IMO - and no insult intended to those nominated, most of whom have probably contributed better anyway. Still humor is a subjective thing. :)

Can't fathom why LE's thing is in there though, if it's out of past winners this year.

Out of curiosity, does the team receive many nominations in general for the awards, or do they find they pretty much have to pick the nominees/winners cold? Perhaps we need to be more active in our nominations...

Anyhow, out of that bunch, I'll go for wpdavid's entry, it was cleverest. Bad luck for Pedro though, who's posted some real pearls in his time (and who is sadly missing these days).

EDIT: Oh bugger, the poll is closed. Shoulda left it open later, fellas, quite a few people aren't around over New Year's...

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Slow Love™ said:
Out of curiosity, does the team receive many nominations in general for the awards, or do they find they pretty much have to pick the nominees/winners cold?
Not many. From personal experience, we usually end up picking the winners ourselves.
Slow Love™ said:
Perhaps we need to be more active in our nominations...
Yup. :D

Slow Love™

International Captain
Not many. From personal experience, we usually end up picking the winners ourselves.

Yup. :D
Yeah, we really should nominate more when we spot something exceptional - it's a huge job for one individual to go through all the threads for any particular award. I'll try and make an effort when I do. :)

archie mac

International Coach
Don't mean to insult anybody, but some strange choices, IMO - and no insult intended to those nominated, most of whom have probably contributed better anyway. Still humor is a subjective thing. :)

Can't fathom why LE's thing is in there though, if it's out of past winners this year.

Out of curiosity, does the team receive many nominations in general for the awards, or do they find they pretty much have to pick the nominees/winners cold? Perhaps we need to be more active in our nominations...

Anyhow, out of that bunch, I'll go for wpdavid's entry, it was cleverest. Bad luck for Pedro though, who's posted some real pearls in his time (and who is sadly missing these days).

EDIT: Oh bugger, the poll is closed. Shoulda left it open later, fellas, quite a few people aren't around over New Year's...
I blame Marc, he knows I have no sense of humour and he refused to send me his choices:laugh:

We would love more help from members, but as adharcric said we don't get many nominations, even though I include all of the judges emails on the first page of each awards thread