• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Annual Awards - Warney

Best of 2006 - Warne (Best Thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think mine is the least deserving of the five.

Of the other four, I felt SJS' is just that slightly ahead as far as quality is concerned. The other three are great threads too, though.

Slow Love™

International Captain
All good threads in this one, and well chosen, IMO.

I think I would have gone for SJS's, had the poll still been open. I actually thought Matt79's was very good (despite his own opinion of it).

Goughy's had real potential but got a bit bogged down in unnecessary squabbling. (And to be fair, his eligibility for this award is in question, ain't it?) Funnily enough, IMO Goughy made excellent contributions to some of those other threads.

Incidentally, if you're reading this, mate, and you don't mind me asking, why do you exclude yourself from the awards? It seemed in the general awards thread for this week that Marc overtly hinted that you would have won a couple, and you seemed interested in being recognized as such.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I actually thought Matt79's was very good (despite his own opinion of it).
I think the avatar thing might have led you to confuse me with HB - I personally thought mine was a gun thread and that I've been robbed of the no-doubt fabulous cash prize that must come with winning this thing! ;) :laugh:

Slow Love™

International Captain
I think the avatar thing might have led you to confuse me with HB - I personally thought mine was a gun thread and that I've been robbed of the no-doubt fabulous cash prize that must come with winning this thing! ;) :laugh:
Haha, you're right - damn group avatars...

But yeah, a good thread and well told. :)