• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shopping for a new coach after the World Cup

Dravid

International Captain
Before this series, we had never won a series in SA. Ever.

Ever. So now thats TWO back to back wins. How many times had we done that before? How many DECADES AGO?
I get it. But people care about ODIs too. THe team cares about ODIs too. BCCI cares about ODIs too.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Quite pointless to discuss this, SS won't change his view, the rest of the population that consists of sane individuals won't change their views.

Dravid

International Captain
If it mattered compared to their test record, I might just do that.
It doesn't matter to you, but it matters to a lot of other people. And just because it doesn't matter to you, doesn't make you right that people are wrong to care about the ODIs

Dravid

International Captain
Sure...care about it all you want, doesn't mean you sacrifice Test cricket for dumbass cricket.
Dumbasss cricket? WTF!? World Cup is ODIs, which is has more competition than a series win in Saf or Wi. Only one acting like a dumbass right now is you, sorry to say.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It doesn't matter to you, but it matters to a lot of other people. And just because it doesn't matter to you, doesn't make you right that people are wrong to care about the ODIs
They can care about what they want. But India firing a coach registering back to back series victories or draws in WI and RSA would be utterly disgusting. I have no respect for BCCI, but I would openly loath everything about everyone in that organization if they lose their last shreds of sanity.

Dravid

International Captain
They can care about what they want. But India firing a coach registering back to back series victories or draws in WI and RSA would be utterly disgusting. I have no respect for BCCI, but I would openly loath everything about everyone in that organization if they lose their last shreds of sanity.
1) India are yet to win this series
2) Two series does not make a year
3) Our ODI team is horrible
4) We are not England and we had a great ODI team that was ruined by Greg
5) If BCCI is to keep Greg for two victories it would be idiotic.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
1) India are yet to win this series
They already won a test, which is more than they've done ever. A loss would be disappointing, but a win or a draw would be incredible.

Dravid said:
2) Two series does not make a year
Two back to back away series, last one being in RSA, does indeed make a year for Indian cricket.

Dravid said:
3) Our ODI team is horrible
That only matters if our test team was losing too.

Dravid said:
4) We are not England and we had a great ODI team that was ruined by Greg
Did we, really? We lost before and after the last WC. We made a run in WC and do you know why? Because the pitches in SA were tailor made for Indian cricket team. I don't know why it was but thats just what happened. LOL @ India getting anywhere if they had the pitches that we played on this tour.

Dravid

International Captain
They already won a test, which is more than they've done ever. A loss would be disappointing, but a win or a draw would be incredible.

Two back to back away series, last one being in RSA, does indeed make a year for Indian cricket.

That only matters if our test team was losing too.

Did we, really? We lost before and after the last WC. We made a run in WC and do you know why? Because the pitches in SA were tailor made for Indian cricket team. I don't know why it was but thats just what happened. LOL @ India getting anywhere if they had the pitches that we played on this tour.
Two back to back away series does not make a year. Stop living on two freaking performances. Apart from those two series, he's been nothing short of trash.

Horrible ODI form only matters to you, when the test team is doing bad. But there is a fan base outside of you, that care bout both forms. And not all of them are idiots. BCCI can not only look at you and not care about ODIs just becuase you don't

And yes we did have a great ODI team. Which was ruined by Greg.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Are your definitions of "great" and "ruined" as accurate as your definitions of "inswinger" and "off spin"?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Are you supposed to be a mod or a snitch? Is that what you do? Make fun of others?
I'm supposed to be a member of the forum. I take issue with your opinions both here and in the other thread, and so I am disagreeing with the use of subtle humour.

Dravid

International Captain
I'm supposed to be a member of the forum. I take issue with your opinions both here and in the other thread, and so I am disagreeing with the use of subtle humour.
I understand you are member of a forum, and have the right to disagree. But you are clearly pointing at my knowledge of the game and attacking me. And I see no other intention in that post apart from making fun of my knowledge of the game.

You could disagree, but do you have to indirectly call me an idiot?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Two back to back away series does not make a year. Stop living on two freaking performances. Apart from those two series, he's been nothing short of trash.
What do you mean 'apart'? That covers six months of test cricket. Test cricket tours are long.

Horrible ODI form only matters to you, when the test team is doing bad. But there is a fan base outside of you, that care bout both forms. And not all of them are idiots. BCCI can not only look at you and not care about ODIs just becuase you don't
"If you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting with them soon enough."

You do whats best for your cricket team, and no one in the world would discount the types of wins India has had as just 'two wins'. I am not sure how old you are, and I'm fairly young but even I understand what it means to not win anything for decades and then win twice in one year. Even if SA is a series loss, thats one more test than we've ever won before.

And yes we did have a great ODI team. Which was ruined by Greg.
Thats revisionist history. We lost to NZ away and WI at home prior to WC 2003. Oh, and we hadn't won a final since the Ice Age.

Dravid

International Captain
What do you mean 'apart'? That covers six months of test cricket. Test cricket tours are long.

"If you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting with them soon enough."

You do whats best for your cricket team, and no one in the world would discount the types of wins India has had as just 'two wins'. I am not sure how old you are, and I'm fairly young but even I understand what it means to not win anything for decades and then win twice in one year. Even if SA is a series loss, thats one more test than we've ever won before.

Thats revisionist history. We lost to NZ away and WI at home prior to WC 2003. Oh, and we hadn't won a final since the Ice Age.
I mean apart as in look at both forms

And the BCCI should do whats best for both forms in the team. Not just one!

And we did happen to chase 18 straight with our ODI team.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dravid said:
And the BCCI should do whats best for both forms in the team. Not just one!
And I suppose that would include firing the coach that led us to historic victories. Makes sense.