Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hayden

Hayden

Matt Hayden has made a peice of History..
    He has preoduced the 2nd bext run ever in Test match History, A run that is only bettered by the best, Sir Don....

In his last 10 Tests hayden has hit 7 Test Centuries, only bettered by Sir Don who hit 8 Centuries in 10 Tests between 1934-1938...

Haydens Innings have been as follows...

131 vs Sth Africa, Adelaide 2001-02
    138 vs Sth Africa, Melbourne 2001-02
    105 vs Sth Africa, Sydeny 2001-02
    122 vs Sth Africa, Johannesburg 2001-02
    119 vs Pakistan, Sharjah, 2002-03
    197 vs England, Brisbane 2002-03
    103 vs England, Brisbane 2002-03

Another interesting Stat since hayden returned to the Test Arena in 1999-2000 against NZ, Hayden has averaged well above 60 opening the innings, and of the 27 Tests he has been back the Matches that Australia has won Hayden Averages well above 60, but the ones Australia lost Haydens average is a much less attractive 30...
    This proves how vital Hayden has been to Australia's cause and also shows if u knock him over early then u are well on the way to winning the match....

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Some interesting stats there. Hayden always had the class at first class level, i think confidence played a big part to his recent success.
    He was always going to be come a good test player, but who would have thought this good.
    I was just over at the PWC site looking at the updated rankings. Hayden Currently has 937 ranking points to put him way out in front. These are carrer highest ratings of some other current players.

Adam Gilchrist 887
    Sachin Tendulkar 897
    Inzamam Ul Haq 865
    Brian Lara 917
    Andy Flower 898
    Steve Waugh 909
    Jaques Kallis 839

Rik
    Originally posted by broncoman
    Some interesting stats there. Hayden always had the class at first class level, i think confidence played a big part to his recent success.
    He was always going to be come a good test player, but who would have thought this good.
    I was just over at the PWC site looking at the updated rankings. Hayden Currently has 937 ranking points to put him way out in front. These are carrer highest ratings of some other current players.

Adam Gilchrist 887
    Sachin Tendulkar 897
    Inzamam Ul Haq 865
    Brian Lara 917
    Andy Flower 898
    Steve Waugh 909
    Jaques Kallis 839
    Hmmmm those ratings would say Brian Lara is the clear 2nd place...and joining him above Sachin is Steve Waugh and Andy Flower...controversial!
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Hayden's current rating is also the highest amount of points an Aussie batsman has had since Bradman.
    Just adding further evidence to say Hayden is our best batsman since Bradman.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Hayden Is THE Man after

Bradman
    Tendulkar

He is in mighty form , he played some really classy shots it was a real bummer to see him go out for an 103 , he was suprised as ..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

U19 Vice-Captain
    I think he is the best opener currently.He plays very aggressively and demoralises the opposition at the start of the innings only so other batsmen have a advantage before they come to the crease.
    Manager of Karnataka
    Season 2 Div 3 Four Day Champions
    Season 2 Div 3 One Day Runners up
    Season 2 Vb Cup Champions
    Season 3 Div 2 Four Day Champions
    Season 3 Div 3 One Day Champions
    Season 4 Div 2 One Day Champions

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Sachin's rating peak may be lower than Hayden's (and Flower and Lara) but Sachin will be more consistently higher.

I claimed that Hayden was the best batsman in the world before this test at school and wasn't taken seriously... fools
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    All this from a guy who was rejected by the Academy here because they were "looking for people who were more likely to play first-class cricket for a long period of time."

No kidding.

What drugs was the guy who told him THAT on?

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Hadyden may be key to Aust Batting but you must also look at the averages for the rets of teh teams - it is no one man team

Langer averages about 45 in test, 55 in FC
    Ponting averages 48 in test, 56 in FC
    Martyn averages nearly 50 in test, about 48 in FC
    Steve waugh averages 49 in test, 50 in FS
    Lehmann's test average is crap, he has not played much but his FC average is liek 55 i think, he just ticked over 19000 Fc runs
    Gilchrists test average is like 60 and i have not idea what his FC is 45 maybe,

i includedd FC stats because thats what the english test team is like
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Cricket Spectator
    A Few Years ago i used to watch Hayden play for Northants and it was o obvious that he should have got in the aussie team however we currently have an even better aussie playing for us now someone who Mr Age-Master rates highyl and that is Hussey the blokes quality he should be in betta than Langer or Waugh ?

International Debutant
    Greg I totally agree with your final comments re Hayden being the key to the Aussie batting......

8D

Well he was officially #1 in the world before the first test. Now he's way out in front. I still don't think he's as good as Tendulkar or Lara though. He could have been out so many times in the first innings alone. I know everyone's gonna say "yeah but he wasn't", but should making 300 runs against an abysmal bowling/fielding side on a flat track really deserve that much praise?
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

Rik
    Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
    Well he was officially #1 in the world before the first test. Now he's way out in front. I still don't think he's as good as Tendulkar or Lara though. He could have been out so many times in the first innings alone. I know everyone's gonna say "yeah but he wasn't", but should making 300 runs against an abysmal bowling/fielding side on a flat track really deserve that much praise?
    I wouldn't say abysmal...Caddick could be a great bowler if he kept interist...Hoggard had a very bad off test but he will bounce back and Giles, for once, did well.

The point is it was hardly one of the all time great innings, and Hayden isn't a great batsman. If he still averages 50 in four years' time let me know.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    The point is it was hardly one of the all time great innings
    Obviously. Now his 204 in Chennai, that was up there with the very best. His 131 in Adelaide was absolutely spectactular too.

, and Hayden isn't a great batsman.
    What the.....? Geez, just where would you bowl to himto get him out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information