Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hayden

Its not just that but hayden has scored runs all over the world, His 200 in India was as good as i've seen and his 100 in sharjah in 50 degree heat was that of a true champion, No ordinary batsman could counter those temperatures......

He looked mighty vulnerably to a ball moving back into him to me. Any swing or seam later in the series and one of those 20 inside edges/false shots should go to hand/hit the stumps/rap the pad, etc
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    He looked mighty vulnerably to a ball moving back into him to me.
    I thought he played quite well off his pads to deliveries moving back into him. Oh well, perspective is a funny thing. I saw one thing, you saw the same but we both 'see' differently.

Any swing or seam later in the series and one of those 20 inside edges/false shots should go to hand/hit the stumps/rap the pad, etc
    Just bear in mind that the 'Gabb is a tough track on the first morning of a Test. Once it flattened out, guys like Hoggard looked pretty impotent.

Incidentally, I'll put my money where my mouth is and say that if I were to bowl to Hayden, I'd bowl around the wicket and try to move it back into him off the seam because he tends to play at deliveries like that which are too close to his body and he could flash a slips cath.........then again, maybe it's not such a good tactic because it'd then require someone in the English slips cordon to catch the ball.

Rik
    Flintoff's one of the best slip catchers you'll see although thats about the only thing he shares with Botham. So you don't have to worry about Slip catches being taken by him.
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

International Debutant
    yep - get McGrath to bowl at him around the wicket ....ooopppsss same team!!!!!

too bad not too many teams have someone of McGrath's control of line & length & able to extract bounce, as I think all 3 elements are needed & from a r/h seamer around the wicket & not a lefty in this case....

Hayden may not be 'as good' or as stylish, he may be riding his luck (maybe he's due some after his initial start to his international career), and maybe the opposition are playing crap - but you can't tell me that the same doesn't apply to every other contender....

To each his own but for me it's his consistancy at producing big scores at an excellent rate in just about every series since his recall that I find so compelling at the moment....

Well it's not the same scale but you could compare him to Butcher, who averaged like 26 for the first half of his career and like 46 since he came back 18 months ago. And they're both left handers!

As for slips, I don't recall them dropping any in the first test, unlike Australia!:P

International Debutant
    yeah but the real question is do England (or anyone else) have anyone that can bowl to him and either get him out (cheaply / early) or restrict his run scoring & rate??????

Giles at the legs?

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Get Tudor to break his hand, but then it'd just be 10 a side, so we need Tudor to break him AND Ponting's hands to make up for being a donkey himself.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Rik
    Originally posted by marc71178
    Get Tudor to break his hand, but then it'd just be 10 a side, so we need Tudor to break him AND Ponting's hands to make up for being a donkey himself.
    It's just Not cricket

State Vice-Captain
    U have to remember that Hayden did put up a few chances. I also think that he goes through patches in his innings where he loses his concentration and he struggles here. He did have a little bit of luck.

State Vice-Captain The Argonaut's Avatar
    He did ride his luck in the first innings. The second century was of a higher quality. He's had a great 2 years playing against various opposition and conditions. He's handled them all well. Probably the last Ashes tour was his worst.

Another interesting point is that he hasn't been bowled in nearly 12 months of test cricket. I remember when he started FC cricket that he didn't get bowled until half way through his 2nd season. A pretty good effort.

His form will fade eventually. Nobody can continue this rich vein of form forever but he will still be a quality test player. At the moment he is almost untouchable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information