• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should her Majest Queen Elizabeth grank OBEs /Knighthoods to the Australian Team?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah... that would be a massive overreaction.... only English sportspersons receive such honours because they rarely win anything of note :p

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Who cares? It's a Mickey Mouse award handed out by a spoilt, useless old woman.
yeah i often wonder why people still make such a big deal of such things in a democracy like england...especially the current generation...

Craig

World Traveller
I was thinking that Waugh would be more of a certainty because of the stirling work he's done for children in India. Spoting success + charity work would equal Sir Steve were he a Pom, as horrible a thought as that is to all Aussies I'm sure.
The way your selectors worked in the 90's, there would have been no way he would have been as successfull as he he took up to 26 Tests to get his first Test ton (mind you he was picked more of an all-rounder back then?) if he had been born in Burnley rather then Bankstown.