• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Commentator

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Personally I dont like geoff boycott, except for his analysis on batting and batsman, thats spot on. Other than that he colorful but not the most inciteful in my opinion.

Hmm...dont seem to remember you WF, but its been a long time...

Leggie, Im not sure if you remember that I dont support aussies, infact this series I'd probably want the underdogs to put up a fight. I have not been watching any cricket either, kinda tough to do in canada. Coon, Wazza, Vince, Mo, etc all lost interest I think.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by sheerindianspeed

One of the best is Ravi, while the worst gotta be Beefy, he sucks!
I can't actually see what he's ever done wrong...except be English, in most people's eyes.

[Edited on 25/11/2002 by Rik]

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Dermot Reeve for me, just for his over-reactions.

On Kirtley's catch in the NW Series: (High Volume) "That is the best catch I have ever seen!!!"

On a very bad LBW call in SL Winter 00-01: "Not Out" (Volume Trebles) "OUT?!!!"

Genius... maybe ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
Dermot Reeve for me, just for his over-reactions.

On Kirtley's catch in the NW Series: (High Volume) "That is the best catch I have ever seen!!!"

On a very bad LBW call in SL Winter 00-01: "Not Out" (Volume Trebles) "OUT?!!!"

Genius... maybe ;)
It was one of the best catches ever seen, as was Hussain's in that match. But yes, he is rather annoying in that respect. He should be coaching rather than comentating really.

Originally posted by Rik
Originally posted by sheerindianspeed

One of the best is Ravi, while the worst gotta be Beefy, he sucks!
I can't actually see what he's ever done wrong...except be English, in most people's eyes.
What a smart reply, if being English is all it take to hate someone then what about the other mentioned gentlemen? (as most of them are from England)

Choora

State Regular
Yup, he's certainly not the only commentator in the list thats from England.

[Edited on 26/11/2002 by Choora]