• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick TWO final Bowlers for the 1946-2006 World Test XI

Pick TWO final bowlers for the 1946-2006 World Test XI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I was going to go Warne and Murali but I just couldn't leave Lillee out. Character and skill is a deadly combination and I think Warne/Lillee will be incredible.

SA

Banned
No Imran Khan in 1946-2006 Test XI shows how biased this forum is against the Pakistanis:)

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
No Imran Khan in 1946-2006 Test XI shows how biased this forum is against the Pakistanis:)
IMO its not about bias; its about the folks choosing a different chemistry. I personally would have had him in there in place of either Lara or Sachin, but because they picked Lara instead, doesn't mean they are biased.

SA

Banned
IMO its not about bias; its about the folks choosing a different chemistry. I personally would have had him in there in place of either Lara or Sachin, but because they picked Lara instead, doesn't mean they are biased.
But Imran Khan did make "Cricket Web AllTime XI",didn't he? And in that thread both the All Time Test & ODI XI were discovered by thorough discussion on players rather just by voting.So,regardless of whoever gets selected in these polls,I would prefer Cricket Web Alltime XI because it was almost the same as "Richie Benaud's AllTime Xi)"(Because I think Richie Benaud is one of the most unbiased cricket experts ever who talk nothing ut just sense).

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
But Imran Khan did make "Cricket Web AllTime XI",didn't he? And in that thread both the All Time Test & ODI XI were discovered by thorough discussion on players rather just by voting.So,regardless of whoever gets selected in these polls,I would prefer Cricket Web Alltime XI because it was almost the same as "Richie Benaud's AllTime Xi)"(Because I think Richie Benaud is one of the most unbiased crickets ever who talk nothing ut just sense).

Regardless of what you prefer, my point is that Imran's exclusion is due to CW deciding to go in a different direction in terms of balance and not because of any anti-Pakistani bias. Myself and Fusion were the most vocal proponents of including Imran in favor or Lara or Sachin, but most others disagreed...thats's all.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
As a reference, this was Benaud's XI:

1. Jack Hobbs
  2. Sunil Gavaskar
  3. Don Bradman
  4. Sachin Tendulkar
  5. Viv Richards
  6. Garfield Sobers
  7. Adam Gilchrist
  8. Imran Khan
  9. Shane Warne
  10. Sydney Barnes
  11. Dennis Lillee

As you can see, he opted for a different balance. That doesn't make CW wrong, just different. Not about bias, mate.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member

1. Jack Hobbs
  2. Sunil Gavaskar
  3. Don Bradman
  4. Sachin Tendulkar
  5. Viv Richards
  6. Garfield Sobers
  7. Adam Gilchrist
  8. Imran Khan
  9. Shane Warne
  10. Sydney Barnes
  11. Dennis Lillee

As you can see, he opted for a different balance. That doesn't make CW wrong, just different. Not about bias, mate.

If the forum had gone for the same bowling balance as Benaud it's still doubtful whether Imran would have got in ahead of Lillee, Ambrose or Hadlee.

aussie tragic

International Captain

1. Jack Hobbs
  2. Sunil Gavaskar
  3. Don Bradman
  4. Sachin Tendulkar
  5. Viv Richards
  6. Garfield Sobers
  7. Adam Gilchrist
  8. Imran Khan
  9. Shane Warne
  10. Sydney Barnes
  11. Dennis Lillee

Considering Hobbs, Bradman and Barnes were not eligible for this team, it's not too far off with Hutton, Lara and Marshall in for those three. It's also still not too late to have Lillee and Warne in ;), but I guess McGrath has taken Imran's slot.

Fusion

Global Moderator
That's just moranic. You're just trying to provoke a fight, which is also evident from your signature. I voted for Imran to be in this team, but the majority disagreed. That's just a matter of preference, not bias.

Laurrz

International Debutant
ok sorry to be slow, but what is this about? is this a side chosen by the peeps on this forum?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
ok sorry to be slow, but what is this about? is this a side chosen by the peeps on this forum?
Yeah, a guy called Aussie Tragic set it up. Basically using polls and the like to choose the best side of all time, and of certain decades and things like that. A really interesting thing tbh.