• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Round Table #2 (With Audio)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Disclaimer: We are still working out the kinks, so please bear that in mind when listening to audio. We decided to do an impromptu with a couple of the same people only in the hopes of making it better in the future, for when (or if) the format is finalized and good enough to appear on the front page.

Participants:

• Silentstriker (Manan)
  • Pratyush
  • Kweek (Tarick)
  • Goughy (Kev)

I want to thank everyone for appearing on such short notice.

There were three questions asked today:

1. Technology in Umpiring. How much is enough and what shape should it take? (Listen)
  2. Batting - Have the batting standards fallen? (Listen)
  3. SA Quota system - now and the future (Listen)

All are MP3 format.

Any feedback is welcome.

Also, we had a friendly discussion (not part of the panel) regarding dutch cricket. This is pretty much unedited straight to you for those who are interested. Kweek has a lot of good information for those of us unfamiliar with cricket in the country.

Dutch Cricket Friendly Discussion (Listen)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Guys, please remember (from my point of view at least) that these are trials aimed at getting this process right.

In retrospect, I feel it may not have been wise for myself to have done both Round Tables as it could be considered overkill but please be kind. We are just trying to iron out issues with the the whole idea rather than get you to listen to a daily dose of us speaking. :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Goughy said:
Guys, please remember (from my point of view at least) that these are trials aimed at getting this process right.

In retrospect, I feel it may not have been wise for myself to have done both Round Tables as it could be considered overkill but please be kind. We are just trying to iron out issues with the the whole idea rather than get you to listen to a daily dose of us speaking. :)
Yup. Remember, these are just trial runs. All constructive criticism is welcomed, but please keep that in mind.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Haven’t heard all of them, just the first one which was pretty good but if I may slight suggestion that maybe in future with more people a debate between the forum members is instigated instead of the rather formulaic, number one’s opinion, number’s two opinion and so on. Apologises if that did occur in the latter discussions but I always prefer a continuous riff of dialogue/discussion then just someone preaching to the masses with the rest holding their dick until it’s their turn.

But great start so far and a fantastic addition to the website (forum). Wouldn't mind taking part myself but my ‘pubescent’ and rather uncultured voice/accent is far too amateurish and I doubt anyone would understand it.

adharcric

International Coach
TT Boy said:
I always prefer a continuous riff of dialogue/discussion then just someone preaching to the masses with the rest holding their dick until it’s their turn.
Same here. :cool:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
pasag said:
Imo the controversial edgier topics are the best, ie the SA quota one.
Wanted to start off tame and not get into chucking and ovalgate and things like that. Too much venom flowing around...but controversial topics are best, I agree.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
adharcric said:
Every two months or twice a month? Sorry I'm a bit slow right now.
well then it should be twice a month. ...every other weekend because if it was every two months it would be alot of things to discuss

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Damn I love these questions. Wish I was there for this one. :(
I hope I don't come across like an ass grilling Tarrick at the end of #1.

EDIT: Download Skype and check in with me, so when it next happens you'll be in the mix.