• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Round Table #2 (With Audio)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
silentstriker said:
Disclaimer: We are still working out the kinks, so please bear that in mind when listening to audio. We decided to do an impromptu with a couple of the same people only in the hopes of making it better in the future, for when (or if) the format is finalized and good enough to appear on the front page.
You can send all the raw audio to liam dot camps at gmail.

I'll sort it out for you.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Good stuff. Agreed with Prat, Goughy, and Sanjay about hawkeye. In no way should it ever decide whether the batsman is out or not, rather just help the umpire decide where the ball is pitching.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You can send all the raw audio to liam dot camps at gmail.

I'll sort it out for you.
Thanks mate. I've sent an email with James' comments for the 1st round. Appreciate it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

silentstriker said:
Thanks mate. I've sent an email with James' comments for the 1st round. Appreciate it.
Checking now. Will try to sort out at least one of them tonight.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Listening to the third one about quotas. Tarrick spoke little but 100% agree with him. They way its being done its not a whole lot different than what was being done before with blacks.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Only so much that can be done with certain parts of this. The audio level can only be raised to a certain level before you start to hear crackling on any quality speaker and Neil talks right over one of the MSN sound effects. I can't even make out the word he's saying, so I can't possibly hope to edit that bit. Most of the first question (Round Table #1) is sorted though.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah I spoke little overall(except dutch debate)
I couldn't get past Kev and Pratyush
next time will, be more interviewing wise I think.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
kev is there a big issue with racism and segragation in SA i dont know alot about these issues did they really say they want all black team in the future? ....and how long have this quota been in place.....i think its races...you dont see quota system for white people here in usa in basketball where its now dominated by black people....its doesnt matter what race plays...they best only gets the chance.....but still think about it places like oman now oman nationals are breaking a part from their main organization because they demaned 6 oman nationals in the team over expariates....so would you want quota for the oman nationals? or would you want a team dominated by expariates like the usa who are not even born in the usa.....in fact i think there should be a quota for usa but at the same time not being racist, but making the quota like atleast 6 born in usa players(its not racist because any race born in usa) ...so all quotas doesnt have to be racist.....

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
LA ICE-E said:
kev is there a big issue with racism and segragation in SA i dont know alot about these issues did they really say they want all black team in the future? ....and how long have this quota been in place.....i think its races...you dont see quota system for white people here in usa in basketball where its now dominated by black people....its doesnt matter what race plays...they best only gets the chance.....but still think about it places like oman now oman nationals are breaking a part from their main organization because they demaned 6 oman nationals in the team over expariates....so would you want quota for the oman nationals? or would you want a team dominated by expariates like the usa who are not even born in the usa.....in fact i think there should be a quota for usa but at the same time not being racist, but making the quota like atleast 6 born in usa players(its not racist because any race born in usa) ...so all quotas doesnt have to be racist.....
You have some good ideas but you really should consider putting your thoughts together in concise, well-built sentences so people actually read them.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
adharcric said:
You have some good ideas but you really should consider putting your thoughts together in concise, well-built sentences so people actually read them.
you know im not that bright to do that just say whatever that comes to mind in that oder....