• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Round Table #1 (With Audio)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Participants:

• Silentstriker (Manan)
  • Steds (Sean)
  • Neil Pickup (Neil)
  • Goughy (Kev)

I want to thank everyone for appearing. It was a lot of fun, even though everyone was nervous. Couple things will be changed for next time (if there is a next time), but I think we got a lot of good opinions in and we beat those cricinfo guys anyday ;).

There were four questions asked today:

1. Is England the second best team in the world? And where do they go from here? (Listen)
  2. Does Bangladesh deserve Test status? How should they be handled? (Listen)
  3. The two main Aussie bowlers have retired, how will they fare in the future? (Listen)
  4. Is there too much cricket being played these days? (Listen)

All are MP3 format.

I know the questions were tame, but I wanted easy to start off with in the first session. In the next one, the questions will be harder and more specific, as well as ones that would bring forth more heated debate (with me involved more as well). Any feedback is welcome.

Enjoy!

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay heard the first one. Was pretty good btw, good job guys.

So Sted's part isn't in the first one. I'll try the others.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Listening to the first piece. Pretty good I have to say. Probably better than the cricinfo roundtable in terms of the quality of analysis.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Edited out the awkward pauses and things like that. But overall I didn't have to do much editing...30 seconds out of 55 mins is excellent quality IMO.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Edited out the awkward pauses and things like that. But overall I didn't have to do much editing...30 seconds out of 55 mins is excellent quality IMO.
Didnt you also edit out the bit where I told you a was about to address a topic after you had interupted me :laugh:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

You sound so American, SS. Am listening to the first one though, good stuff so far

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
andyc said:
:laugh:

You sound so American, SS. Am listening to the first one though, good stuff so far
I still have a noticable accent though...but I've been here since I was about 11 (12 years now) so I'm pretty Americanized I'd say (aside from Cricket).

James

Cricket Web Owner
Excellent work guys, just finished listening to the first one :)

That was superb, I'm having a word to SS about integrating this onto the site properly at the moment :)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Just listened to the second one. Didn't really follow Kev initially with the Bangladesh issue but made some good statement's at the end about a seperate topic.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't listen as no media player down load allowed at work.:laugh:

My Lap top works on Vodafone Mobile connect, but this down load will eat up several GB's of my monthly allowance, So I won't be able to listen until I find a kindly friend who will let me listen on their PC. :( :(

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Listened to the first one. Goughy seems to be perfect for this sort of thing.