Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should ICC Super Series 2005 considered for test cricket stats ?

U19 12th Man

Should ICC Super Series 2005 considered for test cricket stats ?

IMO that the ICC Super Series stats should be eliminated.

Thanks to Bill Frindell the bearded wonder for bringing up what some statisticians have done - discarded the ICC match in Melbourne from the stat reckoning.

In the early 70's eng vs Rest of the World was considered initially as part of test cricket stats before sanity prevailed and they were discarded - similarly Aus vs rest of World were never considered in 1971-72.

If the above stats stand due to some strange whim - then the ICC Bicentennary match in 1987 and the WSC Super Tests of 1977-79 should be included as well.

So in time maybe Warney's 700th wicket will get revised as it does not affect him now - but seriously these records should be updated
    Last edited by Krishna_j; 29-12-2006 at 06:48 AM.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    He has 700 without the super series. And it doesn't matter to me either way whether its kept or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    TBH if it's a Test at the time it should stay so. IMO>
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

If Zimbabwe v Bangladesh is a test match, Australia v ROW is one too IMO.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS
    If Zimbabwe v Bangladesh is a test match, Australia v ROW is one too IMO.
    Its not necessarily about the quality of the opposition. Its about test cricket being between players who are representing their countries (except England, in which case representing their countries or South Africa).

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Its not necessarily about the quality of the opposition. Its about test cricket being between players who are representing their countries (except England, in which case representing their countries or South Africa).
    Well what about the West Indies? They are a group of countries playing under one banner - much like the rest of the world side.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS
    Well what about the West Indies? They are a group of countries playing under one banner - much like the rest of the world side.
    Its different, there is not the same drive to succeed, nor the pride in winning, when you have a world XI.

U19 12th Man
    Its different, there is not the same drive to succeed, nor the pride in winning, when you have a world XI.
    Agree with silentstriker - world or rest of world stats should be discarded unless these matches become an annual permanent fixture not a one-off exhibition game - apologies to Matt Hayden and the Aus side which won last year

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Come on SS, I expect better from you. That's a worn out jibe.

Specially seems as there's a fair chance the 4th Test would still be going on now, but for a player who should be playing for England

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Yes. It was an official test match. I don't see why it shouldn't be included on career records.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    Yes. It was an official test match. I don't see why it shouldn't be included on career records.

It's okay from the Australian point of view but it confuses things for the career records of the ROW team as it means that their record for the Country is not the same as the record for their overall Test career - it's an unneccessary complication and it's no wonder the Bearded Wonder hates it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    I think precedent has been set with the earlier matches and they shouldn't be included.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    I think precedent has been set with the earlier matches and they shouldn't be included.
    What earlier matches? The ones from the 70s? That is a differnent situation. Those rebel games or rebel tours were not sanctioned by the organising body at the time of playing, whereas the recent games were.

it shouldn't be counted but although if the icc wanted to make some money they should have done all star games with icc odi XI team 1 vs icc odi XI team 2and a test like icc test team 1 vs icc test team 2 (could give the teams nicknames) ...i would take that over any champions trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    What earlier matches? The ones from the 70s? That is a differnent situation. Those rebel games or rebel tours were not sanctioned by the organising body at the time of playing, whereas the recent games were.
    No. theyre talkin about the row games from the 70s which were given official satus at the time and then dropped some years later!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information