• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web - Stats Spider

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
AussieDominance said:
Yeah that would be an ausome addition and would help hugely as you no what is it HTML or PHP?

And it would be simple for James and would not involve much work for him as he can let you write the script.

btw we are looking at moving on to other projects as well but we could come back to the stats if we get some ausome suggestions.
I am a web developer so I regularly do CF, PHP, JSP, and ASP. And all the non-programming type stuff (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc).

silentstriker said:
I am a web developer so I regularly do CF, PHP, JSP, and ASP. And all the non-programming type stuff (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc).
Ah im looking to be a Web Designer in a few years!

Could Definetly come in handy.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
I only know two of those things. I am an abomination on all desis.

On topic, what an acheivement for CW. And the timing could not be more perfect. We hit 1 million posts/20,000 threads/10,000 members just last month and now this.

Bravissimo!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
never noticed this before, awesome!!! congrats to all those who worked on this!!! really impressive!!!:)

Dydl

International Debutant
Great work guys! I'm glad I won't have to ever use CricInfo's Stats Guru again, I found it to be a nightmare.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent addition to the site James and congratulations and thank you to everyone who worked on this project.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome James !! Congratulations. More Power to Cricket Web - now the No.1 Cricket website !!:thumbup: :notworthy :clapping: :jump: :gora:

Craig

World Traveller
Dydl said:
Great work guys! I'm glad I won't have to ever use CricInfo's Stats Guru again, I found it to be a nightmare.
Yeah statsguru takes too long to find a player.

pasag

RTDAS
Amazing stuff. Been looking forward to the launch and this has exceeded expectations.

As they say in the industry, it's gun tbh.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
This is truly awesome. I can't believe I didn't know anything about it until it was mentioned in the staff chat a couple of weeks back.

I presume things like links to player profile pages (written ones) will be incorporated?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Jungle Jumbo said:
This is truly awesome. I can't believe I didn't know anything about it until it was mentioned in the staff chat a couple of weeks back.

I presume things like links to player profile pages (written ones) will be incorporated?
Yes definately, it will be integrated fully into the site by the Content Updaters team in time :)

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
One more thing: at the moment Stats Spider is barely noticeable on the front page - all there is is a link in the left frame and the news item (which will be gone soon). Perhaps a new bar in there somewhere?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Jungle Jumbo said:
One more thing: at the moment Stats Spider is barely noticeable on the front page - all there is is a link in the left frame and the news item (which will be gone soon). Perhaps a new bar in there somewhere?
Anglia is working on that - will be done within the next 24 hours :)

PY

International Coach
Top bombing everyone. Big surprise! :D

I like the idea of the cricket fan's stat facility, as it's used extensively for arguments on the forums etc. One thing I'd definitely like to see added (though very harsh to the sides affected) is to have an option which removes Bangladesh and Zimbabwe from searches purely because so many people do stats searches and don't include them in their argument.

Just a thought though, anyway great work guys. Is there a way of keeping count of hits on it?

James

Cricket Web Owner
PY said:
Top bombing everyone. Big surprise! :D

I like the idea of the cricket fan's stat facility, as it's used extensively for arguments on the forums etc. One thing I'd definitely like to see added (though very harsh to the sides affected) is to have an option which removes Bangladesh and Zimbabwe from searches purely because so many people do stats searches and don't include them in their argument.

Just a thought though, anyway great work guys. Is there a way of keeping count of hits on it?
This seems to be one of the most popular suggestions actually, so I'll definately look at including this in the filter search system I'll look at developing. Toughest thing is designing it to make it user friendly, yet advanced enough.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
James said:
This seems to be one of the most popular suggestions actually, so I'll definately look at including this in the filter search system I'll look at developing. Toughest thing is designing it to make it user friendly, yet advanced enough.
Weeeelll... put Rodgie and Marc in a room, and see that they come up with.